Hotmail vs Gmail

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: Hotmail vs Gmail

Post by cube_b3 »

|darc| wrote:
Shifting the goalposts eh?
Aye, you were all successful in convincing me privacy trumps interface.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

cube_b3 wrote:You are highly stupid if you think having 1TB of free cloud storage space can be reduced to "the grafx are pretty"
Maybe I was a bit rash in saying that. There is one thing that I really do miss about Google after switching over and it's about how the interface was organized. Here is a picture of what I'm talking about
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

:guffaw:
It's thinking...
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

So this happened:
317381088_5960205667336049_1706062585206474506_n.jpg
@Taco: Sorry for calling you highly stupid. I got unnecessarily worked up.

Convenience trumps everything:
https://www.oberlo.com/statistics/most- ... il-clients

Proton ain't even on the list. I am surprised how Apple is this high, when they only have like 20% of the marketshare.
Google Workspace has truly destroyed OneDrive though. I'll be moving all my data to Google, just so that it is easier to work with the teams.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I'm absolutely shocked some random website on the internet doesn't have usage statistics for the users of a privacy oriented service.

I know what I must do now: drop my existing email and sign up for the most popular services out there.
It's thinking...
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

cube_b3 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:15 pm @Taco: Sorry for calling you highly stupid. I got unnecessarily worked up.
All good, hope all is well
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

|darc| wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:46 pm I'm absolutely shocked some random website on the internet doesn't have usage statistics for the users of a privacy oriented service.

I know what I must do now: drop my existing email and sign up for the most popular services out there.
Goal post was changed to workspace :P.
While I still have my OneDrive account, more and more clients prefer Google.
Setting up Zoom meetings on the calendar, sharing files on the Drive, editing documents all of it ties into it.
One thing I'm forcing myself to learn is the customer is always right. The host that I am using offers little to no privacy and my clients like it that way, as they correspond with him, once the design aspect is done. A large part of my clients are doctors, so we actually have HIPAA privacy laws in effect but outside of patient information they don't give a fuck.

You are right in your observations.
I am a professional web designer and this year multiple clients ordered me to make the website on Square and I was like WTF. But I quickly learned to STFU and do what it takes to support my family.

@Taco: doing well brother, been working from home this year and finding the motivation has been a challenge.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

I might get arrested by the Oceania Thought Police for not jiving with the newspeak here, but I finally read 1984 over New Years and there wasn't a single mention of Hotmail in the book. What the fuck? If I wake up tomorrow in a prison cell because Hotmail has suddenly always been an integral part of 1984, I'm gonna be pissed
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

So as my business has been scaling up, I've seen the tide reverse back to hotmail though people call it outlook now.
Most businesses that I am setting up websites for our integrating with Onedrive.

It is ironic cause I moved my business to G suite and now I have more and more customers already integrated with Onedrive.
The utility of having Word, Sheets and PowerPoint online integrated to your email can not be understated.
My quotes and invoices are generated through sheets and shared directly with clients via G Suite.

Congrats on reading 1984. It is a depressing book, and I enjoyed it for the most part but.... the part where Winston was just reading a book to Julia was a little boring and ngl I skipped a few paragraphs and maybe a page or two. But as a whole I've enjoyed it.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User
Has thanked: 0

Post by Calavera »

When I had MSN dial-up for a short time (around 1999 I think) I got an @msn email account. I remember when I cancelled the dial-up there was an option to pay and keep your email account. I kind of wanted to keep it but it wasn't that big of a deal. It still works in 2024! I haven't used it in probably around 20 years but it is still there with all my old emails.

I got Gmail in either 2004 or 2005. At the time I got it you needed someone to send you an invite. A friend of mine at school had a few invites and sent me one. I'm still using it as my primary email 20 years later. The only thing about it is the email is Sega followed by a few numbers. So even as an old man adult I'm still using a Sega email!

I recently applied for a job and during one of the callbacks the guy was making sure he had my email on file and said "Oh yeah it was that Sega email. I remember now." :lol: