America Made Great Again

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

America Made Great Again

Post by |darc| » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:10 pm

How's the meltdown going over there liberals?
It's thinking...
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Re: America Made Great Again

Post by SuperMegatron » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:48 pm

Alcohol
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:01 am

The most disappointing part is before I went to bed Trump was on 10/1 and I was about to stick £100 down but then my daughter woke up and I completely forgot.

Can't believe how quickly and suddenly the left has been wiped out in our countries. There needs to be a much more careful response to this than just anger.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:43 am

I just hope Trump is better than Bush Jr.

Other than that, I don't have anything to say, as I'm not an American citizen.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:21 pm

I have disabled and chronically ill friends and family who might literally die if they lose access to affordable health care. My father and my cousin would already be dead if not for Obamacare.

I have black, Hispanic, queer, and trans friends who are honestly afraid for their lives because of the increased harassment and threats of violence they have received as Trump has gained popularity.

I have friends and neighbors whose children are being bullied in school with racist slurs, and who are afraid that their friends and families will be torn apart by deportation.

I have friends whose marriages soon might not "count" any more. That's not just symbolic; it means they could lose access to their spouses' health care, any rights to joint property, and even the right to see and care for their children.

I know many, many people (myself included) who will NEVER have any hope of retiring if Paul Ryan gets his way on Medicare and Social Security. We will have to work until our dying day... and God help us if we ever have an accident, develop a medical condition, or have a family situation that prevents us from being able to work any more.

And that's to say nothing of the long-term effects of climate change, both locally and globally.

But tell me again how it's all just sour grapes and bad sportsmanship.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:16 pm

Glad to have taken place in the Rust Belt upset.

Tens of thousands of well-paying jobs and the wealth they brought have left my home in Pennsylvania in my lifetime. All I have seen is decline.

In their place, 29.5/39.5 hour a week "part-time" jobs that pay $8/hour, offer no benefits, yet require full availability (no vacation, no time off requests). That, or maybe another prison-style warehouse for Chinese merchandise. Amazon likes to set these up near convenient interstates in economically depressed areas to get tax breaks and treat people who desperately need income like their dogs.

Lack of opportunity stagnates into fleeting populations, brain drain, rise in drugs, crime, decay. Here, the choice is to move to a better market (Philly, Pitt, or NYC generally) or stay and watch all your old friends, classmates, and family sit around and slowly drop off from heroin overdoses.

This is the norm here. It is well past the point of being melodramatic.

If you're upset with the election, you have the bourgeoisie to thank.
Thank them for fucking over wide swathes of the country.
Thank them for peddling the narrative that everything is fine the way it is, that what they've done is what's best for us but we just have yet to realize or acknowledge it, that any form of opposition to their "golden" standards are to be mocked and berated.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:19 pm

DaMadFiddler wrote:I have disabled and chronically ill friends and family who might literally die if they lose access to affordable health care. My father and my cousin would already be dead if not for Obamacare.

I have black, Hispanic, queer, and trans friends who are honestly afraid for their lives because of the increased harassment and threats of violence they have received as Trump has gained popularity.

I have friends and neighbors whose children are being bullied in school with racist slurs, and who are afraid that their friends and families will be torn apart by deportation.

I have friends whose marriages soon might not "count" any more. That's not just symbolic; it means they could lose access to their spouses' health care, any rights to joint property, and even the right to see and care for their children.

I know many, many people (myself included) who will NEVER have any hope of retiring if Paul Ryan gets his way on Medicare and Social Security. We will have to work until our dying day... and God help us if we ever have an accident, develop a medical condition, or have a family situation that prevents us from being able to work any more.

And that's to say nothing of the long-term effects of climate change, both locally and globally.

But tell me again how it's all just sour grapes and bad sportsmanship.
It's thinking...
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:21 pm

I hear the economic frustration, and you're damn right about it being ignored for way too long and about members of both parties getting far too cozy with Wall Street. That's a big part of why I voted (and volunteered and donated) for Bernie Sanders.

But it should already start becoming clear that Trump is a con man. He's not going to deliver on better jobs or lower taxes or better care or a fairer economy. He's not going to "drain the swamp." In fact, he's already filling his transition team with the same old lobbyists and Washington insiders who gave us the 2008 recession.

And his call for massive infrastructure spending? Aside from that useless wall, McConnell and Ryan are already telling him that they have no interest in passing or funding any big projects like that.

I don't WANT to be right about this. I'd much rather have a functional, prosperous country (regardless of who leads it) than be able to say "I told you so" as everything falls apart.

But the evidence is already there. Trump used you and sold you out.

And regardless of what you say about Trump himself, or the majority of his supporters, you don't get an a la carte option for electing someone; you get the whole man. And with Trump, that means that you voted for a campaign that has enabled and emboldened racist, sexist shitheads to flex their muscles and test the boundaries. There are fucking KKK rallies scheduled to celebrate his win!

You say you're not a bigot, that you voted for Trump for economic or anti-establishment reasons and it has nothing to do with hatred and discrimination? It's time to prove it.

Over the coming weeks and months, pay close attention to everyone around you who isn't a straight white male. Pay attention to how they are treated, and what they are going through. If you see something fishy going on, step in and say something. The racists and sexists and homophobes are testing the waters to see what they can get away with. What comes next is on you.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:55 pm

pay close attention [...] straight white male. [...] racists and sexists
Sigh.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:21 pm

Do you know or mix with conservatives much?

The image of Trump voters you've depicted is not at all accurate. It's the boogeyman created by the same Clinton-friendly media that completely ignored and disregarded Bernie Sanders. Outside of the paid activists that Democracy Partners bussed in for the DNC's sake and the fringe, it is not at all who or what that movement represented.

You can predict the outcome now if you'd like to, you can warm up "told you sos" and tell me I voted against my best interests as someone else's tool to your heart's content if it gives you some sense of worth. I personally see it as toxic and meaningless.

I would like you to recall the numerous expert-led predictions made anywhere from mid-2015 to just last week. None of these trajectories worked out as expected.

That said, it's been 3 days since the election. Trump has yet to take office. We will see when we get there.

As for the last identity politics/you're a white male bit, Trump voters have been egged, beaten, stripped, mocked, spat on, and discriminated against in mostly degrading ways quite a bit by tolerant leftists.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:18 am

Eviltaco64X wrote:Do you know or mix with conservatives much?

The image of Trump voters you've depicted is not at all accurate. It's the boogeyman created by the same Clinton-friendly media that completely ignored and disregarded Bernie Sanders. Outside of the paid activists that Democracy Partners bussed in for the DNC's sake and the fringe, it is not at all who or what that movement represented.
Eviltaco64X wrote:As for the last identity politics/you're a white male bit, Trump voters have been egged, beaten, stripped, mocked, spat on, and discriminated against in mostly degrading ways quite a bit by tolerant leftists.
It's thinking...
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:36 pm

|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:43 pm

My biggest concern with Trump was whether he would try to overturn marriage equality. He just said in 60 Minutes that marriage equality has already been decided and "done" so it doesn't matter what he thinks... in other words, the social conservative bullshit he spouted on the campaign trail was just a front to energize the Republican base. (Even though it's not true; he can fight to have it overturned, but his answer indicates he won't). He gave a similar response to Roe v. Wade.
It's thinking...
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:18 pm

|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:01 pm

lolz gr8 pnt m8 never thout bout it dat way b4
It's thinking...
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:00 pm

DaMadFiddler wrote:Image
Cool Buzzfeed maymay who cares about proving any points that aren't immediately refuted that's irrelevant hahahahaha :bowl: :goomba: :question: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:16 pm

Ever since Trump announced his bid to the White House, I have been convinced that his whole motive for running was to bring attention to his brand with no intentions of ever winning. But now that he's won, everything I've read make it seem like he literally doesn't know what to do. He still acts like he's not going to be in the White House and just hoping other people can figure it out. Lots of people say that Trump as president is going to destroy America, but I personally think that being president is going to destroy Trump.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:27 am

4chan won an election. Been nice knowing you all.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:17 pm

DaMadFiddler wrote: I have black, Hispanic, queer, and trans friends who are honestly afraid for their lives because of the increased harassment and threats of violence they have received as Trump has gained popularity.

Take them to the firing range, then maybe gun shopping during the holidays. Cowering and crying isnt going to help them not get abused.
Eviltaco64X wrote:Glad to have taken place in the Rust Belt upset.

Tens of thousands of well-paying jobs and the wealth they brought have left my home in Pennsylvania in my lifetime. All I have seen is decline.
Both republican and democratic presidents have presided in your lifetime. All have enacted economic plans that have affected you. Who are you pointing fingers at?
Eviltaco64X wrote: In their place, 29.5/39.5 hour a week "part-time" jobs that pay $8/hour, offer no benefits, yet require full availability (no vacation, no time off requests). That, or maybe another prison-style warehouse for Chinese merchandise. Amazon likes to set these up near convenient interstates in economically depressed areas to get tax breaks and treat people who desperately need income like their dogs.
A large swathe of employment in Penn was from the steel and coal industry. They were negatively effected by Nafta. But they are both gone for different reasons, mostly market forces. In addition, your consistently corrupt state government is at fault for giving the ceos of these companies sweet deals while pushing out other companies who could bring new jobs.
Eviltaco64X wrote: If you're upset with the election, you have the bourgeoisie to thank.
Who is the 'bourgeoisie' and who isn't ? (And im referring to political bodies/people, because it sounds like that is what youre inferring).
MDT w/ Mac Intel support: Out Now!
MDT Services w/ Mac Intel support: Suspended until i receive help

My site :arrow: http://gbadcdev.dcemulation.org

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:54 pm

I.M. Weasel wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote: I have black, Hispanic, queer, and trans friends who are honestly afraid for their lives because of the increased harassment and threats of violence they have received as Trump has gained popularity.

Take them to the firing range, then maybe gun shopping during the holidays. Cowering and crying isnt going to help them not get abused.
This so much! After the Orlando shooting, many gun ranges were offering free concealed carry courses for LGBT people. It would have been really great if they had taken advantage of that offer.

If you really want people to stop harassing you and attacking you then fucking stop them. Yes, it is a shame that you have to fight back, but no group of people ever got their rights and an equal seat at the table by whining about it.
It's thinking...