i5 Case quick

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

i5 Case quick

Post by cube_b3 »

I know we have my other thread for iPhone but I want to go buy a case today or tomorrow and I prefer to do it physically.

I looked up a lot of things, even Fiddler's famous Wallet type cases.

They are all great but I don't want to do this online, I want to go and physically inspect shit before I buy it and not pay astronomical prices. Is that to much to ask for in this day and age? I went to T-Mobile the most simple case they had for was 25$, Wtf?

I went to Amazon, same case 5$.
Probably a different company or some variation in quality but I don't care.

I want a case and I want to go through options and I will not pay double of what it is worth online.

I looked up RadioShack online and their prices seem decent, but I was wondering if you guys know a chain store in the real world, that has a lot of variety and doesn't rob you either?
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: i5 Case quick

Post by DaMadFiddler »

You can buy it in person OR you can get it cheap. The two are pretty much mutually exclusive.

You could just go check out the ones you're interested in at a store and then order them online, if you want to make sure they'll suit your needs. But the fact of the matter is that physical stores just cost more, in most cases.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Skynet »

http://tommo.com/tommo-mobile/

Zoidberg posted this on BG. If I had an iPhone I'd go for something like that. But yeah in my experience, in Australia at least, buying online is the cheaper way to go.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I'm more of a Dreamcast fan you know, they don't have cases like that yet...

Edit: Just saw that they have one. Oddly it comes with a Genesis front screen protector.
Either way it doesn't have a price, and is like a pre-order or something....
DaMadFiddler wrote:You can buy it in person OR you can get it cheap. The two are pretty much mutually exclusive.

You could just go check out the ones you're interested in at a store and then order them online, if you want to make sure they'll suit your needs. But the fact of the matter is that physical stores just cost more, in most cases.
I'm not a stingy guy... or at least I can make an effort and not be a stingy bastard.

I wouldn't mind paying a premium, but 5 times the price?
How can the internet cell a case for 5$ and T-Mobile for 25$.
It doesn't make sense.

What happened to the days of charging 5 - 10% profit. Hell charge 20% but not 500%
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

You just said the Amazon one is probably different in quality, so you're not comparing like-for-like. Obviously quality is going to impact the price.

Then you say you don't care the quality. So buy the cheaper one online then?
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Without physically inspecting it, I can't say it is inferior.

I am going to Radioshack tomorrow.
Online they had cases for 5$ so let's see.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

So I went to Radioshack toda and they had much more variety than T-Mobile.
I naturally just looked for a decent & cheap one. I got it for 4.97$ (5.53$ after tax). Essentially a simple black casing.

Their prices had marked differences I bought a front and back screen protector made by Zagg from T-Mobile for 30$.
The same brand Zagg screen protectors was available for 17$ at Radio Shack.

Wtf? That is a 90% price difference.
I get charging a premium but double the price is just conning consumers.
They are not even trying to be competitive.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

When I was in college I had a side job working in Office World, it was only for a few hours a week but it meant I could buy an abundance of terrible nu-metal CDs, terrible Dreamcast games and sometimes go to terrible rock clubs in a futile attempt to meet girls. I also wasted an excessive amount of time on an internet forum about a destined to fail videogame console. Wonderful times.

People would come to the store and spend £1200 on a computer without any hesitation. Completely clueless customers throwing money at the sales assistant for shitty Packard Bell Windows 98 computers.
The same people would then go buy a computer desk and chair to go with their purchase and without fail they would make a beeline for the cheapest, wobbliest, most cardboard piece of shit desk they could find. £1200 on a computer, £12 on the kind of chair that is going to give you crippling back pain in 15 minutes.

I can be as bad as anyone on this, but people spend £700 on a new iPhone without a second thought, but 69 pence for an app or £10 for a case to protect the phone is a con? Really?

Essentially what I'm saying is everyone should buy http://www.hardgraft.com/collections/al ... t-heritage.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

There is no chance in hell I am buying a case 110 for this Wallet.
I don't even like the design, the phone doesn't attach to it, so every time you want to use it you will have to take it out.

The whole point of the casing is that it protects your phone when it falls. If you take the phone out every time you have to use it. You may accidentally drop it while your using it and well.... the whole exercise is pointless.

I already have a mighty fine Genuine Leather Wallet from Jaffer Jees (Pakistani equivalent of Hugo Boss)

I may consider a competitvely priced casing that is symbolic of my personality in the future. At the moment I just needed a case, to protect the phone in the rare event it falls. I don't really like having my phone in a case but it is nice knowing my phone has a shock observing buffer.