NationStates

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

NationStates

Post by BlueCrab »

Just curious to see if anyone else around here has ever played (or even still does play) the browser-based game NationStates? In case you've never heard of it, its a rather simple "game" where you get to simulate the politics of a country by responding to issues once or twice per day. Its pretty simple, and it can be amusing to see where your decisions take you.

I'd be curious to see what some of the people around here would come up with for their countries, if they did play. :lol:

As an example, here's two countries that I run in NationStates right now:
  • New North Symphonia - My "serious" country. Most of the decisions I've made in this country actually represent how I think about politics. As a result, all kinds of odd stuff has happened with this one along the way.
  • Last Resort - A bit of a joke country I created just to see what would happen if I just picked the last option on every issue that ever comes up. This one is subject to wild swings in all of the metrics because of the fact that I don't put any thought into my answers for the questions. :lol:
EDIT: Oh, heh... Just realized there was a topic from way back in 2006 about NationStates... Still I doubt many people who posted in there are still actively playing (although, if you did start one back then, you should be able to revive your country now -- that's what I did with my "serious" country, which I started way back in 2005).
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Re: NationStates

Post by pixel »

Holy shit. I haven't played that since 2006.