Post Your Gaming Rig

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post Your Gaming Rig

Post by DanteJay »

Haven't seen a thread about this, so figured I'd start one.

After years of putting this off, I've finally completed my gaming setup. I have a custom made cabinet built by my uncle, and inside it houses all my consoles and other home theater electronics. The speakers are semi-permanent (I bought the drivers with the intention of installing them in my car, but until I make time for that, they'll do nicely in my setup).

What I've got in my gaming rig is (from top to bottom):
Left side:
My Dreamcasts (Sega Sports edition and the launch console behind it that I skipped school to buy on 9/9/99)
My Saturns (models 1 and 2)
Gamecubes (one has a custom case to fit full size dvds)
Sega CDX
Model 1 Genesis, Sega CD and 32X. (the 32X is sitting on the left side)

Center:
Input selector for non-hdmi devices, and a standalone Creative surround sound processor
PlayStation 3
Custom made amplifier
Windows 2008r2 Server

Right:
Satellite receiver, and Xbox Game Manager (serves as a power bar, that I use to cut the power to my consoles when not in use, except for my PS3)
Xbox 1
Xbox 360
Wii
Nintendo 64

I'm thinking of giving the GCs the boot (since the Wii plays all GC stuff) and putting my Sega Master System in it's place. I'll have to decide soon, because I really need to part ways with a lot of my old gaming stuff.
Specially Cork

Re: Post Your Gaming Rig

Post by Specially Cork »

I have an HDTV on a shelf with a Wii, 360 and PS3 chucked around it, an old laptop running XBMC hooked up via VGA cable and...that's it. My PS3 is an old 60GB so I get PS2/1 through that, and anything else I emulate. I'd like a nice sound setup but my apartment has crappy sound-proofing so can't have anything on loud enough to appreciate it anyway.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Re: Post Your Gaming Rig

Post by pixel »

Dirty Xbox, roommate's Xbox 360, a maladjusted Wii and a fine PC in various states of disarray.