I just bought an Android phone... Any suggestions of apps?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

I just bought an Android phone... Any suggestions of apps?

Post by BlueCrab »

I figure at least one person around here has to have some kind of Android-based device... So anyway, as the topic suggests, does anyone have any suggestions of apps to grab from the Android Marketplace?
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: I just bought an Android phone... Any suggestions of apps?

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I recently made the switch from my iPhone to Android with an HTC Inspire 4G and I have no regrets whatsoever. Absolutely love it. It's much more of an actual computer than an iPod with cellular service. The amount of shit you can do with it is amazing at first, after using iOS for so long.

As for apps... I don't know. It's hard giving general suggestions for general purpose apps because of how different everyone's needs are. All I can tell you is that there's pretty much 20 apps for every ridiculous operation requested. I wanted to get into a .rar I had stored into an email... Okay, downloaded an app called Download All Files to allow me to download it from the Gmail message. Then downloaded ES File Explorer to allow me to navigate all of my system folders, for which then I used Unrar to decompress the archive into a selected folder, and then explore it.

The Marketplace is the wild west of software. There's loads of free apps ranging from direct music piracy to traditional bittorrent software. But just remember, while the capabilities are as open and diverse as Windows, the same price is paid in security, and malware isn't too uncommon. I haven't had any issues yet, but I've read of the threat.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Evil operator. its a lotta fun.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

Congrats on the switch. I too moved on to Android 2 months ago with my dual-core Atrix.

I haven't had a lot of time to explore the marketplace, but I do know that Android now has the most free apps available, as it just surpassed the number of free apps available for iPhone. So I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. :wink:
Hank fuckin jones
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Hank fuckin jones »

Get Gensoid so you can play Genesis roms on the go.

Oh wait, you don't like piracy. sorry.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Hank fuckin jones wrote:Get Gensoid so you can play Genesis roms on the go.

Oh wait, you don't like piracy. sorry.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
FAIL