Yeti3D demo with PVR rendering.

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Chilly Willy
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Re: Yeti3D demo with PVR rendering.

Post by Chilly Willy »

Well, if OneThirty8 isn't going to any time soon, I might try my hand at making a version of Yeti3D Pro or ++ (need to check if they made any changes to the Yeti code for ++).
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape
Been thanked: 0

Post by OneThirty8 »

Go for it. I'd love to say I would do it, but I have no idea when anything usable would come from it.
Chilly Willy
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Chilly Willy »

Cool. I'll try to get something out by New Years. At least demos like this are fairly easy.
Anthony817
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Anthony817 »

Just a heads up, Bennugd for Dreamcast is getting it included.

http://forum.bennugd.org/index.php?topic=2811.30

It also has support for PVR textures.
Basil
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by Basil »

Cool. I'll try to get something out by New Years. At least demos like this are fairly easy.
Wow! Thank you. I think i do some more mapping. :)
I've been trying to make a 32X version of that for a while now. The 32X suffers from the same problem as the GBA - lack of ram.
Have you got any luck?
Bennugd for Dreamcast is getting it included.
It's very slow but this one runs full speed. Take a look viewtopic.php?p=1029627#p1029627
Chilly Willy
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Chilly Willy »

Basil wrote:
I've been trying to make a 32X version of that for a while now. The 32X suffers from the same problem as the GBA - lack of ram.
Have you got any luck?
Not yet. It needs certain structures broken up more... mainly the map. The parts that don't change need to be left in the rom cell structure in rom, with only the variable parts actually put into ram, then I need to change the game code to refer to either the rom map or the ram map depending on what they're accessing. At least when I'm done it should work on the GBA again as well as the 32X. The rendering is a bit more advanced, so lesser systems will need that assembly optimization like the GBA version uses.