Golden Axe Genesis

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
we1dont7die
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Golden Axe Genesis

Post by we1dont7die »

How did you guys get this to work? I downloaded the cdi image and the first track isnt even audio, its data, and when mounted to a virtual drive i cant access the files on the disc. Needless to say when i burned it it didnt load up in my dreamcast. Any Ideas?
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Golden Axe Genesis

Post by DaMadFiddler »

My recommendation for burning Dreamcast disc images (if you're on a Windows machine, at least...things get a little more complicated if you've got Linux or a Mac) is to use Alcohol 120%. You can download a fully functional demo version for free online, and even though .cdi is a DiscJuggler format, Alcohol seems to handle images intended for Dreamcast better.

Also, make sure you're set to burn disc-at-once, not track-at-once.

(It's been a couple of years since I've burned a DC disc on a PC, so I'm working from memory here. If someone else wants to expand on this, feel free).

Didn't we used to have a sticky in this forum for burning tutorials?