Help with gens4all

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
DrNicholas
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help with gens4all

Post by DrNicholas »

I download the latest version of gens4all, extracted the .bin files, made it an sdiso, it boots up and plays roms. but I cant set the controls. Like I go to preferences and set player 1 to controller and 3 button. and then I go to keys and press on a button x (to initialize the button change) and then the button for that button. and it will register, except for the dpad, analog stick, and shoulder buttons. And in game the buttons themselves dont work. Although I can browse the menu. Can someone help me?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Help with gens4all

Post by BlueCrab »

Moved to the correct forum...
DrNicholas
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by DrNicholas »

and what? no help?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I know nothing about Gens4All, so I can't possibly help you with it. I just moved the topic to the correct forum so that hopefully someone might be able to help you. :roll:
Indiket
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Indiket »

Wow DrNicholas, calm down :)

I'll have to check again, but I don't remember if the default value for Player input is Controller or Keyboard. Try to change to keyboard and do the reconfiguration again, it should work fine (yes, even it says keyboard, internally SDL translate keyboard keys to Controller buttons).

I can't test it till weekend, so I can't help more now.
DrNicholas
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by DrNicholas »

it works with the keyboard, but why put joy controls when they dont work with the games themselves?