SNES4ALL

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Superstrider
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

SNES4ALL

Post by Superstrider »

In the progress of researching a SNES emulator for Dreamcast that can play the games that DreamSNES is incompatable with, (like Star Ocean, Street Fighter Zero, etc.) I came across SNES4ALL(http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/snes4all.html). The only problem is that there are no clear instructions on how to make it selfbootable. It has a link at the bottom that goes to DCEvolution, but there is no actual instructions for this emulator. Another thing, the plain files come with a 1ST_READ.BIN, but no IP.BIN. Can someone help me with the creation of bootable disc with this emulator?
Sonic RPG Demo #3 Complete!
Click to Download!

Progress of Sonic RPG: First 15 Chapters Complete!
Chapter 16: The Martial Art Tournament 0% Completed

My Deviantart
Christuserloeser
Been thanked: 0

Re: SNES4ALL

Post by Christuserloeser »

You don't need to have a IP.BIN. If you use BootDreams, it will create one for you.

From what I remember, setting up an SNES4All disc is pretty easy. Just copy everything included to the downloaded ZIP archive of SNES4All to say C:\BootDreams\SNES4ALL\, add your games to C:\BootDreams\SNES4ALL\GAMES\ (or \ROMS\), start BootDreams and browse for C:\BootDreams\SNES4ALL\. Select "CDRecord" (2nd icon from the right) and click on "Process". That's it.
Insane homebrew collector.