SCUMM VM v0.X.0 Released!

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Christuserloeser
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

SCUMM VM v0.X.0 Released!

Post by Christuserloeser »

Straight from SCUMMVM.org:

Finally, here it is! Our long awaited, best-ever new release, ScummVM 0.X.0 (or 0.10.0, for those roman numeral challenged amongst you), code named "Tic-tac-toe edition", has arrived today. Now available in stores, err, on download servers worldwide!

"What's new? What's in it? Can I open it up yet?" - Hah, I can already see you shifting impatiently on your seats. But before you run, let me shed some light on the details of this latest installment of the successful ScummVM series:
  • Several new engines and thus new games supported:
    • Sierra AGI engine: Space Quest I & II, King's Quest I-III and many more, including a vast number of fan-made games,
    • Cinematique evo 1 engine: Future Wars,
    • GOB engine: Bargon Attack, Gobliins 2, Goblins 3, Ween: The Prophecy,
    • AGOS engine: Simon the Sorcerer's Puzzle Pack,
    • Parallaction engine: Nippon Safes Inc.,
    • Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer engine.
  • DXA movies (higher quality than MPEG2) can be compressed better now and can be used for the Broken Sword cutscenes.
  • Added 'Mass Add' feature to the Launcher, which allows you to scan for all games in all subdirectories of a given directory (to use it, press shift then click on "Add Game").
  • Many nice improvements to our ports.
  • And as usual a gazillion small fixes, tweaks and improvements.
So, what are you waiting for? Go and grab your free copy of the best-ever ScummVM while it's still hot!

P.S.: The SourceForge.net download mirrors are a bit slow when it comes to syncing, hence it can happen that your download fails or is corrupt after the first try. Don't give up, just try to download from another mirror!

Download HERE

http://www.scummvm.org/
Insane homebrew collector.
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer
Has thanked: 0

Re: SCUMM VM v0.X.0 Released!

Post by Phantom »

Christuserloeser wrote:Sierra AGI engine: Space Quest I & II, King's Quest I-III and many more, including a vast number of fan-made games
For those who didn't know, Sarien has been merged with ScummVM. That means that the standalone Sarien is now obsolete.
"Nothing works" - Catweazle
orochi uali
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by orochi uali »

How about Broken Sword 1 and 2? Are they working smooth?
Christuserloeser

Phantom wrote:
Christuserloeser wrote:Sierra AGI engine: Space Quest I & II, King's Quest I-III and many more, including a vast number of fan-made games
For those who didn't know, Sarien has been merged with ScummVM. That means that the standalone Sarien is now obsolete.
Nice to see you, Phantom, and thanks for the info. - Does that mean they will also merge FreeSCI with ScummVM ?

This is OT but I just checked the DreamChess website and noticed you and Siggler are working on an update. This is great news. :D

- I was pretty curious what your plans were when you've announced to stop development on DreamChess. Were or are there any more Dreamcast projects you'd like to do or have been working on ?
orochi uali wrote:How about Broken Sword 1 and 2? Are they working smooth?
They mention DXA for use with BS, so maybe that would be worth a try...
Last edited by Christuserloeser on Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DCDayDreamer »

I'll have to do some testing with the Dreamcast version of ScummVM 0.X.0 and post the results, I'm in the middle of compiling ScummVM CD images for DC Evolution so this release couldn't have come at a better time.

The addition of the Sierra AGI engine is a bonus, especially since it'll run fan-made games. It doesn't look like FreeSCI will merge with ScummVM though, purely because of a conflict of interests (who knows? - it might happen one day).

I'm not sure if the DC version of ScummVM supports DXA, I'll compile a Broken Sword CD and test it out, Broken Sword does work quite smoothly with compression and the 0.X.0 subversion builds, you can complete the game but there were occasional crashes.
Across the Universe
Christuserloeser

DCDayDreamer wrote:The addition of the Sierra AGI engine is a bonus, especially since it'll run fan-made games.
I thought exactly the same. Guess there are be some new DCEvo releases coming... :)
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

Christuserloeser wrote:Nice to see you, Phantom, and thanks for the info. - Does that mean they will also merge FreeSCI with ScummVM ?
At this point in time it's not very likely. It mostly has to do with some ScummVM legality issues. And ScummVM would never merge FreeSCI without consent (even though they don't need it, because of the GPL).
Christuserloeser wrote:This is OT but I just checked the DreamChess website and noticed you and Siggler are working on an update. This is great news. :D

- I was pretty curious what your plans were when you've announced to stop development on DreamChess.
We never announced that. ;) We merely said we would have less time to work on it.
Christuserloeser wrote:Were or are there any more Dreamcast projects you'd like to do or have been working on ?
I'm not planning on doing any new Dreamcast projects.
"Nothing works" - Catweazle
TseTinGFunG
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by TseTinGFunG »

Christuserloeser wrote:Straight from SCUMMVM.org:

Finally, here it is! Our long awaited, best-ever new release, ScummVM 0.X.0 (or 0.10.0, for those roman numeral challenged amongst you), code named "Tic-tac-toe edition", has arrived today. Now available in stores, err, on download servers worldwide!
Just popping in for a quick thanks. Keep up the excellent work. Peace.
Now Playing - Counter-Strike Dreamcast (CSDC) Beta 5.
Cutman
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Cutman »

Yeah thanks a lot for the great update. Keep up the good work.