Quick Question

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
WrathOscuro
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Quick Question

Post by WrathOscuro »

I'm making an Atari 2600 disc with Stella DC. I got the selfboot version. Here is the description the site gives..

This is a prebuilt selfbooting image of StellaDC v0.2e. Use Alcohol or Padus DiscJuggler to burn it. You should make a romslist on your Rom CD to tell StellaDC what roms you have. Included is the StellaDC romlist creator by BurnerO. Just place the Stlist.exe and Good2600.exe files where your extracted roms are and execute Stlist.exe. Click yes to make a romlist (good for StellaDC) Burn your extracted roms (No Zips!) and romslist on another CD and just swap them once StellaDC has loaded up. This image includes many public domain roms in it for you entertainment!

"Click yes to make a romlist (good for StellaDC) Burn your extracted roms (No Zips!) and romslist on another CD and just swap them once StellaDC has loaded up."

^-- This part is what is over my head. I made the romslist, right? Well what is it saying after that? Burn the emulator and the roms on seperate cd's or something?
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Re: Quick Question

Post by Juan »

Forget about the selfbooting image, get the binaries and make your own selfbooting disc with the roms in it. If you don't know how, check one of many thread about it or use the search function :wink:
Christuserloeser
Been thanked: 0

Re: Quick Question

Post by Christuserloeser »

WrathOscuro wrote:"Click yes to make a romlist (good for StellaDC) Burn your extracted roms (No Zips!) and romslist on another CD and just swap them once StellaDC has loaded up."

^-- This part is what is over my head. I made the romslist, right? Well what is it saying after that? Burn the emulator and the roms on seperate cd's or something?
Yeah, you can do that with many Dreamcast emulators, it's pretty handy for testing your games or different versions of them.

These romdisks do not need any special settings. You just burn them like you would burn any data backup CD.
Insane homebrew collector.