DCEmulation

dreamcast development • homebrew software • hardware hacking • indie games • emulators • and more!
Back to main site
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Quick Question
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:39 am 
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

I'm making an Atari 2600 disc with Stella DC. I got the selfboot version. Here is the description the site gives..

This is a prebuilt selfbooting image of StellaDC v0.2e. Use Alcohol or Padus DiscJuggler to burn it. You should make a romslist on your Rom CD to tell StellaDC what roms you have. Included is the StellaDC romlist creator by BurnerO. Just place the Stlist.exe and Good2600.exe files where your extracted roms are and execute Stlist.exe. Click yes to make a romlist (good for StellaDC) Burn your extracted roms (No Zips!) and romslist on another CD and just swap them once StellaDC has loaded up. This image includes many public domain roms in it for you entertainment!

"Click yes to make a romlist (good for StellaDC) Burn your extracted roms (No Zips!) and romslist on another CD and just swap them once StellaDC has loaded up."

^-- This part is what is over my head. I made the romslist, right? Well what is it saying after that? Burn the emulator and the roms on seperate cd's or something?

Post subject: Re: Quick Question
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:59 pm 
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Forget about the selfbooting image, get the binaries and make your own selfbooting disc with the roms in it. If you don't know how, check one of many thread about it or use the search function :wink:

Post subject: Re: Quick Question
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:54 pm 

WrathOscuro wrote:
"Click yes to make a romlist (good for StellaDC) Burn your extracted roms (No Zips!) and romslist on another CD and just swap them once StellaDC has loaded up."

^-- This part is what is over my head. I made the romslist, right? Well what is it saying after that? Burn the emulator and the roms on seperate cd's or something?

Yeah, you can do that with many Dreamcast emulators, it's pretty handy for testing your games or different versions of them.

These romdisks do not need any special settings. You just burn them like you would burn any data backup CD.