AES4ALL settings/sound

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Himzka
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

AES4ALL settings/sound

Post by Himzka »

Hello all!
First time posting here :)

I had a quick question about general emulator settings, speficifally the aes4all/neo4all on dreamcast.
I was looking through the settings and I can't find any guides or instructions anywhere on the web. I know little about emulation so I figured I'd start asking here.

Does the CDDA option has any influence on the speed of sound on emulation? I read that its compact disc digital audio, but there seems to be no difference whether its on or off.
Also, under CPU settings there is 60K CLK under normal over, Z80 CLK under normal over, and sync SFX. How do you use those settings? I tried setting them to different things to try to fix audio that is playing way too fast for the game, but I can't figure out how to use them exactly.

Any help with those settings or how to fix super fast audio issues is very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Christuserloeser
Been thanked: 0

Re: AES4ALL settings/sound

Post by Christuserloeser »

Hi & welcome to DCEmulation.org. :)
Himzka wrote:Does the CDDA option has any influence on the speed of sound on emulation? I read that its compact disc digital audio, but there seems to be no difference whether its on or off.
Streaming CDDA does not have any impact on emulation speed, no. AES games do not use CDDA anyway.
Himzka wrote:Also, under CPU settings there is 60K CLK under normal over, Z80 CLK under normal over, and sync SFX. How do you use those settings? I tried setting them to different things to try to fix audio that is playing way too fast for the game, but I can't figure out how to use them exactly.
For the most accurate emulation set CLK speed to normal and activate Sync SFX.

For best speed I recommend to underclock Z80, deactivate Sync SFX, and set Frameskip to 0.
Himzka wrote:Any help with those settings or how to fix super fast audio issues is very much appreciated.
I am not sure if it really does fix the audio issues you describe. I haven't experienced these issues in the most recent release(s)... Which games are affected?
Insane homebrew collector.