Neo4All AES Problem - "NO VALID ROMSET FOUND..."

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Heatshiver
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Neo4All AES Problem - "NO VALID ROMSET FOUND..."

Post by Heatshiver »

I have been following the instructions on "http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index.ph ... eo4All-AES" and have all the necessary files (neogeo.zip) including a 64byte ng-lo.rom.

I am now at the point of MVS to AES conversion. I have downloaded a few zipped NeoGeo games and tried to convert them with the ncGUI.exe, but every time I start the ncGUI I get the message,

"NO VALID ROMSET FOUND FOR SOURCE ROM FILE"

A small text file of the game is quickly made, but no converted rom file. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

I zipped a few NeoGeo games I had as RAR files and then tried to turn those into converted AES games, but obviously that didn't work.

Are the first zipped files I used the wrong type (NGP)? Is there something I overlooked?

Thanks for the help.
What god didn't give us the devil supplied...
Cormega
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Cormega »

First make sure that you have your roms zipped with the .zip extension and nothing else. Afterward make sure you read the romrc file to make sure that 1. your game is compatible and 2. the have the right rom files. Just read the romrc file and it will tell you which files you need to convert your roms. :)
Heatshiver
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Heatshiver »

Thanks. New problem...

After I had all the files together I had BootDreams make a DJ image (i also have Nero, but not sure if I need to use TAO or DAO).

I burned the image and inserted the CD-R into the Dreamcast and got nothing...

I get a VMU image on the controller but nothing on the TV. Oddly enough, when I tried NeoGeo Pocott, NeoGeo4All Beta, and MAMED I was only able to achieve a VMU image too...

What could be wrong now? Do I need to use a different burner (using a Dell laptop bought last year)?

I know I can emulate because my DreamSnes works fine...
Heatshiver
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Heatshiver »

bump
Kammesennin
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Kammesennin »

TAO not DAO.