ScummVM 0.8.0

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

ScummVM 0.8.0

Post by MetaFox »

ScummVM, the adventure game interpreter, has recieved a new release. Here's what's new:

- New improved launcher and in-game GUI
- Support for Inherit the Earth and Gobliiins
- Playstation Portable, Playstation 2 and EPOC/SymbianOS ports
- CGA and Hercules rendering modes for some games
- Preliminary support for NES and C64 LucasArts games
- Much improved support for Humongous Entertainment children games (Freddi Fish, Pajama Sam, Putt-Putt, Spy Fox, Fatty Bear, Backyard Sports and Buzzy)

A Dreamcast binary is not currently available however.

The ScummVM team has also opened up much nicer forums, including a dedicated Dreamcast forum.

Update: I've compiled the 0.8.0 source for the Dreamcast. You can download a copy of my unofficially compiled Dreamcast binary here.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan
Been thanked: 0

Post by Smiley »

I've been using an old version (I guess) of Scummvm on my pc to play Day of the Tentacle; Sam & Max, etc.

Had no idea that one could use it on dc; gonna have to try. Although I am very dumb when it comes to computers.....
Syd
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Syd »

ScummVM on the DC is awesome. I finished Indy 3 a while ago on it and it was great. I've been using it on PC for years as well. It's nice to see some good games supported this time around. I wasn't a big fan of all those kiddie games being supported, but hey who am I to question the authors? :P

BTW, nice job metafox! I'll have to give this one a go. :twisted:
"and if your kids don't obey you, you can always beat them with a sack of Valencia oranges. They don't leaves bruises and your kids will always know who's boss."
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

I'm glad the Humongous games are getting more support... Putt Putt Saves the Zoo is a classic in my book!

Thanks MetaFox. :mrgreen:
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

The official release is out now for the Dreamcast at http://www.scummvm.org/. It has plugins (which mine didn't), so you might find that you can get further in games which are memory hogs (Full Throttle, Curse of Monkey Island, The Dig, Broken Sword, Broken Sword 2) by just including the plugin required for the game (though I doubt any of these games would be completable).
Dutchdude
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Dutchdude »

I really love this emu, but does this new version still have that autosave thing ?
It's really a pain :(
Smiles
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Smiles »

The autosave is still present, but the MP3 support works great. I converted the Loom CD audio to MP3 and it works well.
Tonfa
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Tonfa »

Anyone kind enough to make an sbi of the newest scumm?
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

Hi MF, can't you compile the sources from this official version with disabled autosave function for all of us?

Also, could anyone give me the folder structure for the bootable disc?

Code: Select all

CD\
|_1st_read.bin
|_BASS\
| |_...
|_Atlantis\
| |_...
|_...
Is that right?
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

I don't think it matters what the folders are called or even if they're in separate folders, since I'm pretty sure that SCUMMVM-DC just scans the whole disc for appropriate files, but the proper ID names for for Beneath A Steel Sky and Flight Of The Amazon Queen are SKY and QUEEN, respectively.

...word is bondage...
Tonfa
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Tonfa »

Well, it wasn't picking up Monkey Island1, or Loom. Both of which I properly own.