New to DC Emulation

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
ssg_K
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New to DC Emulation

Post by ssg_K »

Hello,
I've been pretty successful since 2001 doing emulation of a purely coloring book level (Nintendo, Sega Master System, SNES, Genesis, Neo-Geo, and MAME), however I haven't looked into emulation in roughly half a decade. I came upon DC emulation and started looking into it, but have hit a pitfall I cannot understand, so let me run it by you folks. I have used discjuggler to burn my .cdi files to CD-R's, and am trying to get them to play with chankast alpha 0.25. I have the two hard to find files dc_bios.bin and dc_flash.bin as well (found this was missing the annoyingly hard way). When I start up the chankast program (with new game disk in my computer) a window appears and the program starts up, however it's horribly blurry and a lot of the image is garbled maybe I should attach a screen shot. The program seems like it emulating the initial startup of a real DC, where it wants to know if I want to use the VMU, set time/date, adjust audio/video, or do something with the controller (guessing map out the buttons as I see fit, or just start the bloody game). However thats as far as I can get with a game. From memory (as bad as it is) I think I'm only seeing the initial startup screen and not the actual game menu and such. Can someone point me in the right direction as I'm having a hell of a time getting this emulator to work. I've tried google'ing through help and guides, but it's not leading me very far. Any help (honest help, not flame) would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

V/R,
~SSG K