* Buying

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Shaun Forever
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

* Buying

Post by Shaun Forever »

I've searched this, but could not find anything, so please forgive me if this has been asked, and please feel free to lock the thread and direct me to another.

Just wondering if it is possible for me to purchase some of the emulators that you burn? I would burn them myself, but despite being a retro collector, I am quite useless with a PC. I have a large collection, but my carts will not last forever, and I do need backup for quite a few.

Thank you for your time.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Have you checked out DCHelp?

Most of us were pretty useless when it came to this stuff when we all started. However, with a little practice, you, too can be a master.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Shaun Forever
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Shaun Forever »

Just been reading through it now, also been reading about linking my Dreamcast up to my PC to share broadband, I'm going to attempt it shortly, I'll let you know how I get on. While on the subject, do you still play online with the dreamcast?
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

I'm useless with this since I am a mac owner, but on top of knowing how to burn a disc for your DC, you will need special hardware to transfer the contents of your game carts to your PC first.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Shaun Forever wrote:While on the subject, do you still play online with the dreamcast?
Actually, I, personally, never have put my DC online. I thought about it when I first got my DC, but I had MSN at the time, so it wasn't really feasible. I haven't really thought about it since.
DreamZone Forums

Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Certain games can still play online, but they require a trick. Not too bad, though.

If you have a bba, then there is really no trick.

Selling emus on a cd was discussed, but it was decided that would be unallowed, seeing as it could lead to warez/commercial roms being sold. However, most people would just burn the emu for you(by itself, useless if the emu does not support disc swapping) at the cost of shipping, which might be at most 2 bucks if you live on the continental United States. Anyways, ask nicely and dont ask for roms.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

I thought about it when I first got my DC, but I had MSN at the time, so it wasn't really feasible.
You could of done it still. IIRC, you had to put msn/[username] without the @msn.net or whatever it was. Your password should have been the same. :wink:
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

Selling emus on a cd was discussed, but it was decided that would be unallowed, seeing as it could lead to warez/commercial roms being sold. However, most people would just burn the emu for you(by itself, useless if the emu does not support disc swapping) at the cost of shipping, which might be at most 2 bucks if you live on the continental United States.
I recently sent out compilations of DC homebrew to a bunch of people I know from another forum and within the U.S., shippiing was 60 cents per disc. I sent one to Canada and that cost 83 cents and one to Belgium that was like $1.43 or something. The cost of media is negligible these days. I did it for free, it's barely worth having someone Paypal you 75 cents or whatever what with the fees and all.

By the way, does anyone know if ChuChu Rocket is still playable online? Last time I checked a little over a year ago, it still was. Ironic that the first online DC game is/was among one of the last standing, too.

...word is bondage...
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

LyingWake wrote:
I thought about it when I first got my DC, but I had MSN at the time, so it wasn't really feasible.
You could of done it still. IIRC, you had to put msn/[username] without the @msn.net or whatever it was. Your password should have been the same. :wink:
Yeah, but I didn't know about Dreamcast Help back then (since it didn't exist at the time).
DreamZone Forums

Vik Abominae X
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Vik Abominae X »

Are there any Phantasy Star Online v. 1 or 2 servers still up? I was wondering if it would be worth it to purchase the game and a BBA...I have always wanted to check out PSO but don't have a GameCube or Xbox...and didn't have a DreamCast when it was popular for DreamCast.

Also, I just wanted to clarify that I was talking about ANY servers, not just Sega-run, because I KNOW that all of those got shut down...are there any fan-run servers up or anything?
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

This thread has info on pso servers & how to get on them, also how to get your dc online if needed
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

curt_grymala wrote:
LyingWake wrote:
Yeah, but I didn't know about Dreamcast Help back then (since it didn't exist at the time).
Dreamcast Help doesn't have that information :)

The thread Hawq posted should work just fine :)
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Try online consoles for help getting the dc online.

No wonder single dc games are 7 bucks on ebay. Damn paypal fees!
Vik Abominae X
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Vik Abominae X »

Hawq wrote:This thread has info on pso servers & how to get on them, also how to get your dc online if needed
Thanks for pointing that out to me....I might actually decide to pick up a cheap $5 copy of PSO v.1 and/or 2 and a DreamCast BBA...that would be cool....
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

pick up a bba? Are you on crack? They cost a 100 USD! Freakin wilin', son.

Unless your rich, in which case, pick up two, one for you and one for your best friend Dark Savant0
Vik Abominae X
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Vik Abominae X »

Dark Savant0 wrote:pick up a bba? Are you on crack? They cost a 100 USD! Freakin wilin', son.

Unless your rich, in which case, pick up two, one for you and one for your best friend Dark Savant0
darnit...too expensive....but I want to play PSO and don't want to use our phone lines and tie them up...damn, damn, damn...
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

You can connect your dc modem to a modem on your pc, and the pc has broadband. There is a tutorial on it somewhere. Search for "DC to PC Server" on these boards.