cps1 emulation - still being worked on?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Lobo-DaMainMan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

cps1 emulation - still being worked on?

Post by Lobo-DaMainMan »

Hey Guys!

I was just wondering if anyone has been working on some of the smaller cps1 games. I figured with the new FAME 68000 emu out, it would probabbly be fun to see if it created any results within cps1 mame. But my guess is it may be some sort of violation to the mame code or something. But hey, no hurt in asking :)

Lobo

(had to edit the original post after i realized i put cps2 insted of 1 :P...hey...it was 6 in the morning ;) i'm not awake yet! )
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Yes. All the CPS1 and CPS1 Qsound games can be made to run.

It's being worked on and such, but not based on CPS1 mame.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Lobo-DaMainMan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Lobo-DaMainMan »

That's awesome to hear. I'm dying to fire up a little Final Fight and Forgotten Worlds on the DC. The Neogeo CD emus are the only reason my old DC is getting any action...and maybe i'm still secretly playing D2 :) Any word on what kinda progress the cps emu is making? I'm not in any rush...play em all on the xbox...just like the DC for some reason...it's a tight little system. Cheers on the heads up! And keep up the good work on that your neocd emu!!!
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

You'll see Neo Geo MVS emulation first. Then soon after some random taito 68000 games and CPS 1.

I just need time to get my romloader working. I would say that CPS1 is at least a few months away.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Lobo-DaMainMan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Lobo-DaMainMan »

Another good piece of news :D I remember discussing rom loaders of a different nature, not so much for an emulator but running tg16 rom data from a cd on the real hardware...i'm not sure what happened to that project, but it was interesting. having to get around the memory limits of the machine , had something to do with catching certain instructions and making faking them out by forcing a load from the rom on the cd or something...my memory is bad. anyhow, any news is always good news , good luck and keep up the good work!
Ominous 0nionfrog
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Ominous 0nionfrog »

Awesome! :D
jaredfogle wrote: Every time you jack off, you kill thousands of "people."
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

by romloader i mean code that allows all the different roms from an arcade romset into the proper regions of memory, which is different for every game, even from the same system.
DaRKSLaiN
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by DaRKSLaiN »

Oh my! i cant wait to see Sf2CE or Cadillacs & Dinosaurs running well on the DC, if the neogeocd can? why not the Cps1 games? :).

What do you think, quzar?, do you think it?s viable on dc playing CPS1 titles at fullspeed (frameskip0?) with the Qsound working? :S, or it?s lot of memory to make this emulation good? :S
One Programmer Can Make The Difference
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

I'm not sure about the Qsound games. I'm also not sure about same performance as NGCD games because even though the main processors are the same, the video and sound chips are different. It should be near fullspeed just like NGCD games.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

why play Sf2CE when you can play SSF2:T? It's out for Dreamcast y'know.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Because SF2:CE has something "magical" about it :mrgreen: (I'm talking about the hacks in case you didn't notice :roll: )
I love to fill the screen with Sonic Booms :twisted:
WaCk0
DC Respected Artist
DC Respected Artist

Post by WaCk0 »

...and the good old SFII, man just spent too much money playing this arcade. LOL
DaRKSLaiN
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by DaRKSLaiN »

i think like WaCk0, im a beat em?up 2d freak , that?s because i have bought a dreamcast :), and the first street fighter that i?ve played was SF2:WW and SF2CE... damn, i?ll pay to hear this pcm-z80 music songs of this games on dreamcast... :)

of course i preffer SSF2X grand master challenge, but the question it?s... Why not playing all the Street Fighter History on only one console? (i suppose that with 16 mb of ram it couldnt be possible play Street Fighter Alpha (Cps Changer) on dreamcast and i play with Street fighter alpha 2 on Superfamicast from Scherz0, this is only 2 of the best games of street fighter that can?t be played on dreamcast propperly :))

it?ll be just magic!! 3 wonders, Captain Commando, SF2, SF2CE, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, Mercs... of course without doubt, it will be one of the best dreamcast emulators and a very good piece of software :)...

Make the Dream reality!!
One Programmer Can Make The Difference
Jamirus
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Jamirus »

May I ask you Quzar, what will be your first priority after Neodc? Do you plan to work mostly on Hugo, Arcade emulation or something different, perhaps?
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

i think ill take on hugo just whenever i get a large chunck of free time (talking days) and until then keep on working on neodc and arcade stuff(which is actually one in the same project) aside from that i'm helping bluecrab with a yabause related project.