Dreamshell XT

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dreamshell XT

Post by NightStalker »

anyone know where a plain files release is of this homebrew application?I cant make sense of the dreamshell site one way or the other.I wouldnt mind attempting an english translation.And no..I dont know russian..but that didnt stop me with dreampassport.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

http://www.dc-swat.net.ru/ds/

Go to the bottom of the page. The links are in English (remarkably).

If someone could translate this, it would be awesome. Perhaps a gateway to internet play. All one would need to do is schedule the game online.
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

Dreamshell is already in English, so it doesn't need to be translated.

Documentation needs to be translated, but currently there isn't much in the way of documentation actually. Someone who speaks English and Russian needs to get in contact with the author and write documentation (in both languages).

Dreamshell could certainly be something big, but currently I don't think it offers all of the features that will eventually be available. In fact, you might say that it's sort of a shell. In terms of OS features, currently it can't even do as much as dcPlaya. Still cool, though.

...word is bondage...