dreamsnes is not working for me...

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
OldSchoolIsCOOL
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

dreamsnes is not working for me...

Post by OldSchoolIsCOOL »

If this topic is elsewhere, I am sorry that I didn't notice it and read it. Anyways,

update:
I found out my DC is dirty and the laser is probably shot, so I think this should be my number one priority lol
Last edited by OldSchoolIsCOOL on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
OldSchoolIsCOOL
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Re: dreamsnes is not working for me...

If this is correct, my dreamcast may not be working properly... which I am starting to think is the case
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Stryfe »

Have you try cleaning it?

Dip a q-tip , or cotton swab, in some isopropyl alcohol (70 percent by volume, or higher), and gently dab the lense. The swab should be so soaked it doesn't even need to make contact, just the liquid. Stand, and let dry.

You could also try this if the previous doesn't work:
http://www.ilovetheinternets.com/2004/0 ... ion-trick/

Just remember to mark where the POT's screw/adjuster starting point was.
ImageImageImageImage
OldSchoolIsCOOL
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Thanks, bud. I actually found a vid on fixing it. I twisted some tiny screw with a flat head near the laser a tiny bit, and everything works perfect on the first try now! I'm pretty stoked that I finally got it working, and I also appreciate the helpful tips.