Amiga emulation on Dreamcast

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Angreifer
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Amiga emulation on Dreamcast

Post by Angreifer »

Does anyone know of any efforts to emulate the Amiga on the Dreamcast? Since There is a Linux port for the Dreamcast and the Amiga Software Dev Kit has a Linux version, this shouldn't be too hard. At least a port of Linux UAE should be fairly easy. I would think the Dreamcast could easily emulate an '020 or '030 cpu, the biggest sticking point would be the Amiga custom graphics and sound chips. If a 200mhz PC can emulate an '020 Amiga then the Dreamcast should be able to handle the task.
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth
Been thanked: 0

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

I haven't heard of anybody trying to make an Amiga emu for the DC, it would be cool if it did happen but it probably won't.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anything to do with emulation on the Dreamcast should be posted in the DC Emu Main Forum (or the DSNES forum for DSNES, Bleemcast forum for B!C etc), the General Emu Forum is for all non-DC related emu/homebrew talk.

TOPIC MOVED TO THE MAIN FORUM
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

To be honest, I don't think there's a chance. An amiga is perhaps two or three times as complex as a SNES, and SNES emus on DC are rather pathetic. Even Fellow, which is written in 100% ASM, needs a 500MHz PC to get near full speed, and then you have loads of other problems. It's too much hassle. I don't think anybody would/could do it.