DCEmulation

dreamcast development • homebrew software • hardware hacking • indie games • emulators • and more!
Back to main site
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2002 1:37 am 
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Does anyone know of any efforts to emulate the Amiga on the Dreamcast? Since There is a Linux port for the Dreamcast and the Amiga Software Dev Kit has a Linux version, this shouldn't be too hard. At least a port of Linux UAE should be fairly easy. I would think the Dreamcast could easily emulate an '020 or '030 cpu, the biggest sticking point would be the Amiga custom graphics and sound chips. If a 200mhz PC can emulate an '020 Amiga then the Dreamcast should be able to handle the task.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2002 2:22 am 
The Filth
The Filth

I haven't heard of anybody trying to make an Amiga emu for the DC, it would be cool if it did happen but it probably won't.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anything to do with emulation on the Dreamcast should be posted in the DC Emu Main Forum (or the DSNES forum for DSNES, Bleemcast forum for B!C etc), the General Emu Forum is for all non-DC related emu/homebrew talk.

TOPIC MOVED TO THE MAIN FORUM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 7:06 am 
DC Developer
DC Developer

To be honest, I don't think there's a chance. An amiga is perhaps two or three times as complex as a SNES, and SNES emus on DC are rather pathetic. Even Fellow, which is written in 100% ASM, needs a 500MHz PC to get near full speed, and then you have loads of other problems. It's too much hassle. I don't think anybody would/could do it.