Worried about speaker damage due to Dreamcast CD player playing Track1

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
beautifulman
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Worried about speaker damage due to Dreamcast CD player playing Track1

Post by beautifulman »

apparently reicast running the Dreamcast bios built-in CD player will play track1 of any dreamcast disc, as i heard a loud screeching sound over my TV's speakers and i'm worried that my TV's speakers might have become damaged by this.

normally when you put a dreamcast disc in a cd-player or actual dreamcast console, it will play a warning message from track 2 telling you not to put the disc in an cd audio player or risk damaging the speakers. to my shock and horror, the dreamcast's CD player running on reicast completely ignores this and will definitely play track1 of any dreamcast disc, so now i'm quite worried about the possibility of my tv's speakers being damaged, i'm faily upset about this as the tv is only a few years old.

thanks for the help!
Christuserloeser

Re: Worried about speaker damage due to Dreamcast CD player playing Track1

Post by Christuserloeser »

Speakers aren't that easy to damage. They don't differentiate between noise and music at all. So provided you didn't have the volume at 100% it shouldn't have damaged them.
Insane homebrew collector.
beautifulman
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Worried about speaker damage due to Dreamcast CD player playing Track1

Post by beautifulman »

The Tv Speaker's Volume was at around 46% when the screeching happened, so does this mean I dont have to worry?

Thanks for the help!