Help with genesis plus [SOLVED]

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
xxxStanxxx
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help with genesis plus [SOLVED]

Post by xxxStanxxx »

Hello guys, I want a little help here with the Genesis Plus emulator for Dreamcast, I couldn't make it work on my DC.

First, I downloaded from here a .cdi and burned into a CD, the same way I always did with other DC games that I have. But it didn't work (my console simply doesn't recognize the CD as a game media). To burn the images, I used the program ImgBurn with a plugin to burn .cdi images (it always worked for me).

So I tried to do myself. I downloaded the emulator from here (BlackAura version) and followed all the steps from the "Using BootDreams" part, but it didn't work again (and this time I burned the disc using the BootDreams, 16x, using Audio\Data disc format).

I tried again this time following the "Using Selfboot Inducer" part. But the problem is that I can't find any SBI file on internet, so I downloaded the SBI Builder from here and tried to create a SBI file, selecting the folder with my emulator files (I really don't know if this is the correct way to do). After that I used the Selfboot Inducer, created a .cdi image and burned using again the ImgBurn but again, no success.

So, can anyone really teach me how to do it the right way? I really couldn't find any better tutorial, about creating SBI files for example, or explaining some details.

Thanks guys.
Last edited by xxxStanxxx on Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Re: Help with genesis plus

Post by I.M. Weasel »

SBI's are kind of outmodded, and youre better off sticking to CDI for most things.

ImgBurn wont work for everything, you need alcohol one twenty or Toast [on a mac] to burn cdis correctly.

Not a lot, but all I can think of right now.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
xxxStanxxx
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by xxxStanxxx »

I.M. Weasel wrote:SBI's are kind of outmodded, and youre better off sticking to CDI for most things.

ImgBurn wont work for everything, you need alcohol one twenty or Toast [on a mac] to burn cdis correctly.

Not a lot, but all I can think of right now.
What do you think about DiscJuggler? I know it's very used to burn DC games too. And what are the best configs to burn on Alcohol 120%? Never burned a DC game on it.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

DiscJuggler is the best way to go as long as you're using an OS that supports it.
It's thinking...
xxxStanxxx
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by xxxStanxxx »

I did it!

So, in the end DiscJuggler was my savior. Thank you guys, you helped a lot guiding me into the correct way.

First, I used BootDreams to create a Data/Data disc format.

After that I used DiscJuggler to burn the .cdi using the following configs in the "Advanced" tab:
Mode: Mode 2
Block: 2336
Offset: 0
TOC: CD-XA

It worked like a charm.

I think from now on I will only use DiscJuggler to burn DC discs.