Dreamcast Hub - For everything Dreamcast

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
affection56k
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dreamcast Hub - For everything Dreamcast

Post by affection56k »

Hey guys affection here and lately I've been working on a concept I've had for a few years where Dreamcast fanatics have everything in one place. So people can simply login and have information on the latest homebrew titles, advancements on the latest technology being developed like Phantoms new OpenGL api. We would also have a new VMU game every week for people to download to keep the VMU developers active. The site would also have archives of other Dreamcast websites that have been lost in time. We would have new tutorials being added every day that would cover Homebrew development all the way to how to beat a certain stage in Chu Chu Rocket. Me and a few friends will create a weekly podcast that will cover the past weeks news and updates to an 'easy to digest' one hour podcast. The website would also incorporate all the dreamcast forums and all their posts into one place so people can have all the posts in one place.

However me and my friends can not do this alone so we would love it if people could help by offering your services such as gathering the URLs of older websites and giving them to us for us to archive it on our site, writing tutorials for us to help get all the documentation the community would ever need or even by simply giving us contact details for people that could point us in the right direction.

So what do you guys think. Would anyone be intrested in this or would everyone rather keep things as it is? I'm open to both criticism and your honest thoughts so please tell us as all it can do is better help the community.

Thanks,

Affection56k
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Re: Dreamcast Hub - For everything Dreamcast

Post by cube_b3 »

Instead of starting your own site, why don't you come and join us?

DC Emu has a good server and if you are looking to back up lost sites I am sure Darc will be able to accommodate you.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

If these are things you are really serious about working on in the long term, then you should PM me. For almost a year now we've been discussing a reboot of this site that is pretty much in line with what you sound like you want to achieve. The problem is that we don't have enough people interested and those who are don't have a whole lot of time to devote.
It's thinking...
affection56k
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by affection56k »

Well currectly I do not have the best HTML and CSS skills so what we currectly have done website side is pretty poor however we're always able to team up with you guys, I'll PM you with what we've got so far.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

Yeah, we are somewhat in the middle of trying to do a redesign and aggregate all the links, programs and everything about the dreamcast here to dcemulation, and it is a ton of work. There have been several people that did months and months of work funneling data here, and its still only half done. It is a huge undertaking.

Also, with the interest in Dreamcast further waning as new consoles come out, we have also been trying to pull core parts of the scene together to really keep a strong base.

Although having a website that does forum aggregation for the multiple dreamcast forums is a good idea. We have pondered trying to bring all the forums under one roof, but that for many reasons is near impossible. An aggregation website just for the multiple forums could be very helpful and might be a great sister site to what we have here as a knowledge base.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."