Ok, I found the source code at an archive for http://www.sch3rz0.com
and finally got it to compile a database builder that came with it. It has ghttp as a dependency and I found that library but I could not find one of ghttp's own dependencies so I just cut out all the code that uses ghttp and compiled the program without it. I think it was used to access files over a network? Not really a vital feature.http://archiv.sega-dc.de/www.sch3rz0.com/nesterdcse/index.html
I was actually working on my own software to convert between CSV/txt files and .db files when I got this working. The main advantage would be the ability to convert back from .db to CSV again. I'm nearly done but I'm getting some kind of undefined reference errors... possibly because I'm trying to use his C code with my own C++. I've got what I need now, a database builder, but I'm so close to done I may see about changing my portion of code to pure C and see if that fixes it. I'll happily upload what I've written if anyone wants to take a look but otherwise I'm not going to upload broken code.
I've attached a .zip with the modified dbbuilder and source. I have only compiled it for linux for now but I'll make a windows binary next time I'm using that OS or if I can figure out cross compiling. I may have to look over it's source code in a bit more detail later to figure out the commands to actually use this. I'll post them on here when I do.
And of course credit goes to the original developer. All I did to this code was remove a few lines.