Help ripping DC music (SC 5)

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Ferr
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help ripping DC music (SC 5)

Post by Ferr »

Hello all.

Im trying to extract the music from the game Space Channel 5 for Dreamcast. The reason is because theres some tracks of the game that are not present in the OST.

You see, in the game theres the song for each stage and also another song for the "battle" sequences (dance and shoot sections). The laters song were not included in the OST.

The music seems to be compresed in ADX files inside a AFS file, theres one file for each stage (ADXDATA_R[nº of stage]) for a total of the 4 stages that the game have, one for VOICEDATA and another for each stage that is SANDATA_r[nº of stage].

Now, the problem , when I explore (with AFS Explorer) the ADXDATA, it contains the music for the rounds, but only the songs that are in the OST. Those battle sequences songs are not found anywhere.
In the VOICEDATA theres obviously all the voices of the game, and the SANDATA files are a bunch of .bin that doesnt even reach 1 mb each (and the names seems to coincide with the DX of the ADXDATA files).

Theres also the .SFD files that are the sounds for the FMV intros of each stafe.

And at last, theres some .RB files that I dont know how to open them, some as little as less than 1 MB and others around 3 or 4 MB. Also M1V files...Could those files contain music? I dont know where to search more.

If someone have any experiencie of ripping this game or Dreamcast game that could guide me I would apreciate it.

Thanks!