VMU watch

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Captain Dreamcast
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

VMU watch

Post by Captain Dreamcast »

Hey there Space Cats!

Today, I present to you my newest creation, the almighty VMU watch, at least the first build of it.

IT'S SO GREAT! THE BEST WATCH EVER!

Now you're probably wondering: "Captain, how can I built such a great device myself?"
Let me tell you: This sophisticated piece of equipment is incredibly difficult to assemble, even with my mad Video Defender skills it was a hard struggle!

First you'll need... A WATCH! Yes, I recommend using the cheapest one you find, preferably made of (green) plastic.
Of course you'll need... A VMU! The world's greatest saving system.
Now, the crucial part, you'll need... duct tape. BUT not just ordinary duct tape, NO SIR, you will need double-sided duct tape for ultra pwnage.
Let's go through the many many steps needed to make one:
1. Take the duct tape.
2. Cut it in EXACTLY the right size.
3. Put it on the watch... carefully... very carefully...
4. Put your VMU on the tape, WITH CAUTION.
5. ???
6. DONE!

Next lesson we will discuss how to make a DC-Controller-belt-buckle. See you next time! :wink:

... Fun aside, I do have some more serious modifications planned for the watch. First, the green plastic watch will be spraypainted either blue or black, I haven't quite decided yet. After that, I wanna use the watch's relatively huge interiour (You can't see it on the pic) to replace the VMUs CR2032 batteries with normal batteries which are gonna be stored below the VMU. Yeah, I'm gonna upload a more detailed pic once it's done... :mrgreen:
For Great Justice!
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: VMU watch

Post by mankrip »

Couldn't you use the VMU's own clock feature?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube