Dreamcast Zip Drive?

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
spinksy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Dreamcast Zip Drive?

Post by spinksy »

Right, I was just bored and was looking through some threads on various sites about making a hard drive for the Dreamcast and I had a random thought - this has probably been covered many times before though?

The Dreamcast had a Zip Drive made (and recently sold on ebay) that actually worked with the Dreamcast - so would it be possible to make a Dreamcast Zip Drive work like a hard drive would?
I have read that Iomega who made the DC ZD have said that the DC ZD is basically exactly the same as a PC one with alittle 'tweaking' - would it be possible for someone to get one working with a DC now?
Dreamcast, it's still thinking.

Over-clocked : Dreamcast currently running at 240Mhz (switchable)

Internal VGA, extra cooling fans, disc activity LED, SD card reader done :-)

Dreamcast HD wanted
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Re: Dreamcast Zip Drive?

Post by Quzar »

Why not just make a DC DDS tape drive? It'd be just as useful. There was never any software made for it, so it's not like with a homemade fake zip drive you'd get new features in games or anything.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man