Upgrading to Wireless-N

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Upgrading to Wireless-N

Post by AuroEdge »

Need more range for wireless and it just so happens my router supports 802.11n. My question though is do I need to replace the antennas already installed in my laptop and if so is there more to know about optimum placement of said antennas? I have an Intel 3945ABG with two antennas fished up through opposite sides of the screen bezel. I'm looking to get the Intel 5300 card which supports three antennas. The antennas appear to be the same basically only difference being the colors of the insulation. I would also have to buy another antenna and find a place to put it in the body of the laptop.

Image Image
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Re: Upgrading to Wireless-N

Post by Quzar »

what you might wanna do is use the antennas already there, then get another one and snake an extension through the body of the laptop adding an external antenna connector.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man