DC Bios Logo

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

DC Bios Logo

Post by Treamcaster »

Is it possible to change, without a katana dev kit, the DC bios swirl, to the unreleased one, we all seen on SegaKatana website?

Thanks
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Re: DC Bios Logo

Post by Quzar »

Not unless you want to write your own bios.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by Treamcaster »

Holly cow! I've seen today a website of a guy who did that... seems to be hard.
I also seen a video on youtube about an app. called bios flasher or something that makes the DC logo black... Any ideias of where I can download it?
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Treamcaster wrote:Holly cow! I've seen today a website of a guy who did that... seems to be hard.
I also seen a video on youtube about an app. called bios flasher or something that makes the DC logo black... Any ideias of where I can download it?
Never seen the second thing that mention. Link?
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Quzar wrote:
Treamcaster wrote:Holly cow! I've seen today a website of a guy who did that... seems to be hard.
The Region Changer has the ability to turn the DC logo black by setting the region portion of the flash to a different region. There's Red J, Red U, Blue E, Black J, Black U, and Black E. When the region setting is invalid the DC uses a black swirl, but it just so happens that three of those possible invalid settings do boot J, U, or E. Any other invalid setting will lock you out from booting discs on your DC.
It's thinking...
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

|darc| wrote:
Quzar wrote:
The Region Changer has the ability to turn the DC logo black by setting the region portion of the flash to a different region. There's Red J, Red U, Blue E, Black J, Black U, and Black E. When the region setting is invalid the DC uses a black swirl, but it just so happens that three of those possible invalid settings do boot J, U, or E. Any other invalid setting will lock you out from booting discs on your DC.
Ah, I thought there might be another navi attempt out there. Oh well.