DC Console Video Problem

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
horton
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DC Console Video Problem

Post by horton »

Hello all, first time poster. A few months back I bought a DC from Goodwill but never had a chance to check it out. I finally hooked it up today and turned it on with no game in it. It seems to work fine other than the internal battery needing a charge (or replacement, can't be sure yet). I put a game in a tried to load it from the menu and it just kept restarting at the date and time input screen. I figured maybe it was another problem with the battery, but I shut it off and restarted it with the game in. The game loads, but now the problem is a strange one. The screen rolls from bottom to top over and over as if it were a channel on TV that wasn't coming in right. It does not do this on the menu screen of the DC. I'm pretty lost on what's going on, so if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate any input. Thank you!
Zealous zerotype
zerotype
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DC Console Video Problem

Post by Zealous zerotype »

For the battery leave your dc on with no game in for a few hours it will charge the battery. For the game sounds like it is the wrong region pal on an ntsc system or vice versa. The game should have a switch for that (some don't) to change from 50 to 60 or 60 to 50.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God