dreamcast problems when turning on...

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
bigmenace
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

dreamcast problems when turning on...

Post by bigmenace »

hi everyone i'm new to the dc scene...ok i just got a used dc from the pawnshop had to find all the back pieces seperately and finally getting to test this baby.. i put in a burned disc of re veronica and it ran perfectly.. and then tried some other games and the screen got pass the sega screen and then went black.. so i restarted it and the dc won't load up any more i hear the disc spinning and everything..

but it never even gets to the dreamcast screen.. could this be a power problem and if so how could i fix it?.. and i checked with the vmu i get a lot of beeps each time i power it on but nothing ever loads just stays black screen now any help would be greatly appreciated..
WarGames
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Re: dreamcast problems when turning on...

Post by WarGames »

Have you tried original GD-Rom Games? It could be you have some nonbootable backups (which you would need a boot disc for), legally these burned DC games should be personal backups.

The beeping is due to the internal battery dying, you can find a guide that will show you how to replace this internal battery.
bigmenace
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by bigmenace »

WarGames wrote:Have you tried original GD-Rom Games? It could be you have some nonbootable backups (which you would need a boot disc for), legally these burned DC games should be personal backups.

The beeping is due to the internal battery dying, you can find a guide that will show you how to replace this internal battery.
yea i have almost all the original games but they so scratched up and old so i'm using back ups.. and i made them bootable my self they work.. i got re veronica and sonic adventure 2 to start.. i think it might be the battery.. everytime after i get it to play once when i reset it it'll go to not coming on with the dreamcast screen( and with this i mean not even the logo for dc coming on when i push power just black screen) meaning blank screen..and it does that a while i have to leave it off a while and then turn it back on.. do you know where i can find any tutorials about batteries and where i could find a battery at? any help would be greatly appreciated..
AtariOwl
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AtariOwl »

OK this sounds a little like one of the two problems i've suddenly started having.

1 - the DC boots up - asks ofr the time/date - goes black
Then i try to reboot several times and the screen is always black sometimes i hear the disk spinning, sometimes not

2 -Then suddenly it will be ok again but it wont recognise discs GD-Roms or my serial uploader CDR