The Dreamcast converter

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
phisejr
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Dreamcast converter

Post by phisejr »

theres a Dreamcast Converter that allows you to use the Playstation controller and a PS/2 port keyboard / mouse, rite ?

now heres my real question with the usb to ps/2 converter. Can you put a USB keyboard/ controller /mouse/ or USB hub in the USB to ps/2 converter will any of the connected hardware work? Or if making a homebrew can you map the hardware to work ? or even the Regular playstation work with homebrew ?
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Dreamcast converter

Post by az_bont »

I have used a 'PS/2 mouse -> Dreamcast convertor' with a USB mouse connected via an adaptor, as you describe, and it worked just fine.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
phisejr
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by phisejr »

az_bont wrote:I have used a 'PS/2 mouse -> Dreamcast convertor' with a USB mouse connected via an adaptor, as you describe, and it worked just fine.
i know it works my friend uses his ps2 arcade stick. but my question is using the USB to ps/2 converter

the Teal/green item in this picture:

http://www.pictures.xbox-scene.com/hsde ... rs_SOL.jpg

then putting it in the converter will it be able to work?
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

az_bont wrote:I have used a 'PS/2 mouse -> Dreamcast convertor' with a USB mouse connected via an adaptor, as you describe, and it worked just fine.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
phisejr
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by phisejr »

az_bont wrote:

lol sry didnt pay attention to that part so him i wonder if the 360 controller or xbox controller will work ?
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

phisejr wrote:
az_bont wrote:

lol sry didnt pay attention to that part so him i wonder if the 360 controller or xbox controller will work ?
You mean if you did the Xbox to PC mod, then hooked the new USB connector into the PS/2 connector on the converter.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

phisejr wrote:
az_bont wrote:

There's absolutely no way that is going to work.