put DC into a 5 cd carusel cd player?

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
robotecha5
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

put DC into a 5 cd carusel cd player?

Post by robotecha5 »

i would like to try and put the DC hardware into a carusel 5 cd player. i Thought this would be cool. Not only could i have 5 games in at once without opening a disc drawer it would also make playing games with a rom disc easier for something like nester. Any sugestions thanks in advance
SEGA FOREVER
rhubarb505
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by rhubarb505 »

Well I guess it would depend on the size/shape of the player. If its in a stereo or something you might have enough room to scatter the DC inards about, otherwise you'll need to make your own case.

Im not sure how you would get the GD rom assembly to move in order to allosw the cds to move into position.

Wish I could give you some more advice about this, but it seems like an interesting project. Hell I have an old carousel laying around, I might run a few trials myself.

Good luck!
"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot
read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." - Alvin Toffler
dcmodder
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by dcmodder »

extend the ribbon cables to the gdrom board seperating the laser assembly from the board of the gdrom. then just put it on the rails of the stereo's cd player.
wont u be my friend?
robotecha5
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by robotecha5 »

Thanks for the advice more specifically i have a large 5 cd carusel cd player and im going to take out the insides, configure some way to fit GD rom where the cd rom drive is it should be fairly large since its an old player then ill cut a hole in the fron for the controller ports
SEGA FOREVER