help finding a ic (intigrated circuit)chip

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
dcmodder
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

help finding a ic (intigrated circuit)chip

Post by dcmodder »

i'm looking for the chip used here i know that it's the 74HCT244 ic which has 20 pins... BUT i know that radio shack does not have one. is this a rare ic or somthing? p.s. please dont give me online buying sites as i have no method to getting my cash online.
doragasu
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by doragasu »

It's a tri-state line driver/transceiver. You can find it here.
dcmodder
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by dcmodder »

so you have the Continuum Transfunctioner? :) i need this in the usa please
wont u be my friend?
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

It looks like only one of the buffer enables is actually used, so I don't see why you couldn't sub a 74HCT245 (RadioShack catalog #276-2863; this is apparently a discontinued item but they don't exactly sell like hotcakes so there's a good chance a local RS location still has one; also these things in some family/process variation are ALL OVER THE PLACE in old computer/console hardware, as it was basically THE 8-bit bus transceiver). This involves a pinout change, and you'd need to tie the direction line as well.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Synlor
Official DCEMU Stalker
Official DCEMU Stalker

Post by Synlor »

I have some extra ones... like... a bunch of extra ones..... free samples rock :). If you could send me one of those thin gray envelopes that are meant for sending little small objects in the mail, I could send a few to you. PM me if interested.
Thanks to Digital Chaos, GoldbergWWE, and ace for the avatar, sig, and badge!
http://devcast.dcemulation.com
ptr.exe
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ptr.exe »

Just make the circuit without one, it works just as well.

On dcemu.co.uk forums there's a tutorial written by me, its got pics and stuff and shows easier places to solder to.
Orange_Ribbon wrote:It is also the reason why you can't wear tight pants. Damn anal warts.

Millenium Falcon Dreamcast