Ps2 to DC controller converter. Easy to make??

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
D-Roc
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ps2 to DC controller converter. Easy to make??

Post by D-Roc »

A few days ago my crappy Topmax Dreamcast arcade stick finally bit the dust (Good Riddance!) so, I needed to get another controller to soothe my arcade fix. I ended up getting a stick with ps2 and xbox compatibility. I noticed you can get converters online from 10-20 bucks. I was wondering how easy it would be to manufacture a converter and if it would be worth the time or if I should just order one. I have basic soldering ability but only worked on guitar wiring, never consoles.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Order one. Its not s taright wiring, professional ones use IC's to convert the signal which you can't get. If you were to make one you would have to hack up the controller. Its so much easier to buy one on ebay, lik-sang, play-asia or your fav shop
D-Roc
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by D-Roc »

Thanx for the advice. Time to hit up EBAY!
Born to lose. Live to Win.
riva16
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by riva16 »

I would just make one! ITs funt o do, and you would have the knowledge of how to fix it if it were to crap out later.
Why doesn't HTML work anymore on this damn forum!? God!