Sweet friggin car radio mod

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sweet friggin car radio mod

Post by arrowhead »

My cousin just gave me her crapped up 93 ford ranger because she upgraded, and since it is all rusted up underneath since she didnt treat it last year and it went through an ohio winter. Anyway, she took out her nice radio and left me with no radio at all. Thats ok, I have an old pioneer p4100 that I wasnt using, so I threw that in there. I was sick of not having mp3 in the truck, but I wasnt about to buy an mp3 playing head unit, so I decided to hack the pioneer up. I searched the internet for the pinout of the CD changer plug and I found it. Long story short, I made a custom plug for the changer slot out of hacked up jumper wires for an old computer cd drive, and I spliced them with 2 RCA cables so now I have a AUX-in in the pioneer so I can use any audio source and play it over my head unit. My ipod is going to plug into my head unit and I will never have to listen to the radio again.

PICS:

End of custom plug:

Plugged into the CD changer slot:

Finished:
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Excellent! I'll probably be doing the same thing when I get my car. All head units should have Aux In
riva16
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by riva16 »

Well, you tend to get AUX inputs with higher end head units. Like my $350 Kenwood KDC-X789 HU... Thats sweet! You guys should look into subs and stuff. You wouldn't believe it, but i can get country to knock over a mile away after amping it 900 RMS. through three MTX Thunder series subwoofers... two 10" Thunder 8000s, and one 12" Thunder 6000. Sweet...
Why doesn't HTML work anymore on this damn forum!? God!
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

My blazer has the system in it. Kenwood w/MP3 and Sirius, 4 infinity 6x9's, 2 infinity 4x6's, and 2 10in solobaric's. the four 6x9's are powered by a 600 watt 4 channel and the solobaric's are running off a Fosgate 2ch 1200 watt.

But for the ranger, free>spending anything.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
WhtCastle
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by WhtCastle »

Nice mod....
*edit* Very clever too!

/me joins in stereo talk.

Alpine CDA9815 powering (Front) 2x Pioneer TS-G1647s, (Rear) 2x Alpine SPR-174A, and an Alpine SBR-122CR (1 12" Type-R in an Alpine box) running off an Eclipse 3640 amp.

I have an Alpine MRD-M501 amp and 2x Alpine SWR-1240s in a custom ported box sitting in my basement right now....One day they shall live again. I'm sending off my old Pioneer DEH-2100 to a bud, giving it to him to put in his first car....

My next vehichle I would like to (and who wouldn't?) have mostly F#1 Status items...mmm.....
/WhtCastle
riva16
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by riva16 »

Well here, you guys can take a gander for yourself...
http://www.carstereo.com/installs/photo ... leryid=639 Check me out! Soon to aquire a MTX Thunder 80001D MONO Block amp, for about 1500 RMS, you guy's equivilent to about 2300 watts...
Why doesn't HTML work anymore on this damn forum!? God!