NES Controller on the DREAMCAST

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
OSdcGAMER
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NES Controller on the DREAMCAST

Post by OSdcGAMER »

Hello all...

I saw the diagram for how to make a NES controller work on the dreamcast and it loox hard as F... or @ least not worth the effort. However, I was wonderin' if any1 has had enuff experience with this stuff to make 1 for me and I'll buy it from ya and how much you'd charge etc. Please lemme know!
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

If the price isn't too much for my cheap ass, I just might like one too.
Rattrap51
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Rattrap51 »

Hmm, I have a deal i could make, you pay shipping through paypal and send me an original sega dreamcast controller and I'll send you my NES Pad mod. I had to ruin an original DC controller to do it and now don't use it much. Basically it is free but I want you to pay shipping for your DC controller to me and my controllers to you. I just want my DC controller back.

I will have to talk to my parents about using their CC again after the last time... tried buying a paintball gun and got ripped off pretty bad, huge hassle but I'm good for it if they will let me. Also it was my first soldering project ever and while the solder joints seem to be holding strong and haven't failed me for about a year now I can't guarentee it will look pretty on the inside or that the joints will hold indefinatly all I can tell you is they work and have never come apart

EDIT: If you want to send cash or money order or whatever for the shipping then we can bypass the whole credit card issue all together. And if you want I'll throw in my cd with the dreamcast NES emulator and almost every NES game ever made on it, all the NES roms I could fit on one CD. I believe I ommitted some ones that looked like repeats or homebrew/hacks or something, has all the US games and I think all/most japanese and quite a bit more.

Also if you could throw in a VMU or any kind of memory card it would be very much appreciated I'm out of blocks.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

so basically he wants you to give him a controller and a VMU or something AND pay for the shipping both ways in exchange for his NES controller and a disc with just about every NES game on it. Seems fair.
Rattrap51
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Rattrap51 »

Yeah that was a long post, basically what he said, but your getting the modified NES controller and the modified original DC controller to use as an adapter.
Synlor
Official DCEMU Stalker
Official DCEMU Stalker

Post by Synlor »

I was actually thinking of starting a little business making a few of these and selling them for around $30 + shipping, depending on how much I can find the parts for. I'd be interested in hearing from people on what they think, and if they'll get any at that price and such.
Thanks to Digital Chaos, GoldbergWWE, and ace for the avatar, sig, and badge!
http://devcast.dcemulation.com
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

I was actually thinking of starting a little business making a few of these and selling them for around $30 + shipping, depending on how much I can find the parts for. I'd be interested in hearing from people on what they think, and if they'll get any at that price and such.
Id pay for one. i just never got around to making one/ getting an NES controler again. 30 bucks is VERY reasonable, espically since new consoles sell their controlers for that much or more. Though of course I would want to see finished pics of what I am getting. hehe. BTW I love Les Miserables
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Synlor wrote:I was actually thinking of starting a little business making a few of these and selling them for around $30 + shipping, depending on how much I can find the parts for. I'd be interested in hearing from people on what they think, and if they'll get any at that price and such.
I've made three... You'd have to have a good source to do much better than break even. I wasn't able to source all the parts for less than $20. I think you could probably get it down to $10 if you really tried though. The last one I made took about 3 hours to make. Add in an hour to ship it... I personally don't think it is worth it, especially since you have to figure in the time of obtaining supplies.

But I'm a cheapass, so whatever.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

If you did what about using VGA connectors to connect the controllers together. Would allow you to wire up Genesis for example, controllers to the DC pad
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

mattthemodder wrote:If you did what about using VGA connectors to connect the controllers together. Would allow you to wire up Genesis for example, controllers to the DC pad
The guy who's outline of the procedure had it done that way with gameport connectors. Just have to be careful to remember pin alignment.

Personally, none of the other controllers really mattered to me enough to want on DC - SNES emu isn't good enough, and I own on cart almost every genesis game I ever want to play.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.