Portable Dreamcast is NOW DONE !!!!!!!!!

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Pyrosurfer
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Pyrosurfer »

I've heard about replacing backlights with leds to conserve power, does that really look good?
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

well turning the backlight up from 50% to 100% cost me an extra 0,20 Amp, but turning it down to 0 didnt give me 0,20 amp, maybe 0,10 Amp

i think leds are better power wise, but i havent seen a modded screen yet, so i dont know if the light is as good, and to be sure youd need to power test a led-lit screen

and yeah, 700 mah is crap, that will allow you to run for about 45 minutes, if your psone can stand the 11 volt input, wich im not to sure about, it might be OK with 9 volt or so, since all electronice have quite wide margins, but 11 or 12 volt might be tricky

im not perfectly sure, but higher voltage might make the psone use more current and heating up a lot more, so if you do try the high voltage battery, keep a close eye on things, as you dont want any overheating
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Naw, riva16. Sorry. I dont have the stuff anymore. I sold it with my first ever nesp. It looked like crap, but the guy was awful nice and gave me 150 USD for it. Ive gotta build another nicer looking one for a school project, though.

Riva16, ask the guys at benhecks forum for help on that. I think I saw some link about building a custom controller for the psone lcd there. Not sure. But newbies are always breaking psone lcds there, so you could try your luck. Here is the link to the pocket tv part of that forum http://benheck.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/ ... um.php?f=8 . They should also be able to help on the energy consumption, they are pretty knowledgable in that area. Some have evn built GCp's and N64p's. Their nice, so they would help all they can.

Man, Im gonna get in touch with dkap01. I am REALLY interested in a case. I wonder how much it'll set me back.....
riva16
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by riva16 »

Ohh, i've seen LCDs modded with 4 white LEDs, and it really lights up, there's just no controll over brightness after that... I've powered the PSone on 11v, and it runs fine, there's 5v regulators in there that bring it back down, but they get hot...the LCD even ran fine... My battery will be fine for now... I'm looking intot he 1600 mah one from radioshack... thats twice my battery plus some...
Why doesn't HTML work anymore on this damn forum!? God!
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Riva16, why dont you use a dvd battery? They hold much more voltage, and can be bought at walmart(oh no!) or something. Im gonna use that when I make a sne portable :)
<(00<)bluepunk(>
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by <(00<)bluepunk(> »

I think a tutorial on how to make a DCportable would be great that way all we would need is the Shell that dkap01 would provide so he doesnt have to take a lot of time to make it for you him self. SO a tutorial with the shell is all he would have to make.
I was stupid enough to keep putting a warez link into my sig.. even after an admin removed it.. twice... I'm such a bloody moron. Oh well.. and now i'm banned too. boo hoo.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

He hasnt returned emails about the shell. :(
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

Dark Savant0 wrote:He hasnt returned emails about the shell. :(
imagine how many he's gotten :wink:

im not sure that this is eomthing a tut can be written on, but riva is writing one on a psone portable so...
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

i've seen LCDs modded with 4 white LEDs, and it really lights up, there's just no controll over brightness
Potentiometer (Pot) or small dial whatever you wanna call it.