NES Controller Mod SUggestion

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Rattrap51
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NES Controller Mod SUggestion

Post by Rattrap51 »

I was fooling around with my NES controller - Sega controller mod, the one off the main page and noticed something that would make the whole thing a hell of a lot easier. In the tutorial it tells you to scrape green film off the board and solder onto it. I did it exactly the way it describes and it ended up working but as far as using it as a DC controller goes it is now useless because the wires and solder connections get in the way when you press buttons.

However if you follow the little pathways that you scrape the green film from you will come to a hole. Keep your eye on the hole and flip the board upside down, scrape the film from that part and solder to it. I did this with the A button and verified that it does infact work, but was wondering if someone else could try it and put their controller back together and tell me if it still works well as a sega controller or if it will even go back together right with wires soldered onto the bottom. I would do it myself but this was my first mod I had ever done a while back and the board is burnt to a crisp in more than a couple places with parts of it completly lifted off, thats why I had to put the A button on the bottom solder refused to take to the top even after 30 minutes of trying.
dcmodder
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by dcmodder »

that's exactly what i did for my ddr pad\ arcade stick.
wont u be my friend?
riva16
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by riva16 »

Thats what I did for my mod... I figured that out a long time ago... Glad to see someone else got the idea though too!
Why doesn't HTML work anymore on this damn forum!? God!
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

I'll add this as a note on the tutorial on devcast