Controller repair?

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
projectevo5
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Controller repair?

Post by projectevo5 »

Hey guys, I have two controllers that are giving me issues.

One is an official dreamcast controller, it seems the D-pad has become loose and whenever I try to use it, it seems to think I am holding left. I can boot the game up, holding nothing, and it will just start going left on its own. I suspect that something has worn out inside but getting some help/advice would be nice.

Second controller is a Madcatz controller, the analog stick is stupidly loose, it won't stay centered at all and will drift downwards if I attempt to centre it.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Re: Controller repair?

Post by Juan »

I got some replacement rubber contacts for PS3 controllers, it sorta worked for the dpad and I can't complain for a dollar.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Controller repair?

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I'd love to find a good source for replacement rubber bits. The face buttons on several of my controllers (for various systems, Dreamcast included) are getting kind of worn and mushy with age/use, and fixing the current controllers seems a lot cheaper and more sustainable than trying to hunt down fresh ones.

Any thoughts on where I could find replacement rubber contact pads to fit various controllers?