Is anyone doing a battery replacement service?

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
MethodGit
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Is anyone doing a battery replacement service?

Post by MethodGit »

Being the fool I am, I've allowed my Dreamcast to keep asking me for the time and date each time I turn it on after a long period of not using it, and it's recently that I did some research and discovered it to be a battery problem.

However, after further research it appears that replacing the Dreamcast's battery is not as easy as, say, replacing the Saturn's battery. It uses a very specific kind of rechargable battery that's reportedly obscure or just plain not available nowadays, and every guide I've found so far suggests doing some soldering work - something I have precisely zilch experience in.

So rather than risk turning my console into an oversized paperweight, I was wondering if there was anyone out there still (preferably UK-based) who can do a quick battery replacement for me at a decent cost?

Thanks!