VGA mod problem.

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
nikorag
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

VGA mod problem.

Post by nikorag »

Hi

First of all this is my first post so go easy on me =D

I have been following the guide on http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/console/sega/dc-vga.htm to making a VGA output for my dreamcast. The issue is, when it came to soldering onto the motherboard, the 7th pin, rgb select didnt want to solder onto the board and even lifted the track off it.

Do any of you have any ideas how to fix this? can i solder the wire at the other end of the track wherever that may be?

Any help with this would be hugely appreciated. It would suck to have to ditch 2 hours work AND my dreamcast just because of a little error.

Thanks in advance

Jamie
spinksy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Re: VGA mod problem.

Post by spinksy »

i did this when i put a reset button into a DC ages ago - thankfully the DC still worked i just had to ditch the reset button on that one - however it sounds like you may have ruinned yours :(
Dreamcast, it's still thinking.

Over-clocked : Dreamcast currently running at 240Mhz (switchable)

Internal VGA, extra cooling fans, disc activity LED, SD card reader done :-)

Dreamcast HD wanted
nikorag
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: VGA mod problem.

Post by nikorag »

Yes :( unfortunately it is broken. I will work fine with the RF lead but you dont get any sound. managed to pick up a new one from ebay and a plug+cable to go into the DC so i don't need to solder the board this time.

cheers anyway mate. glad im not the only one having trouble trying to solder on the tricky little bastard that is the DC MB