Well,folks,the DreamSNES Team,DreamSNES freaks and all of you pardners,here's the big surprise I promised you before.
Take a seat,get some popcorn and look at the big screen.
Music Track Playing:
[For A handful Of Dollars by Ennio Morricone]
(you can even play this track if you have it on a CD or MP3 for an authentic atmosphere)
*The H-U-G-E MEGA BUG Report*
*** Western-Style! Yeehaw!***
(in 8 Chapters)
The GOOD,the BAD and the UGLY
Chapter 1 - The GOOD
Chapter 2 - The BAD
Chapter 3 - The UGLY
Chapter 4 - The CHANGES/ADDITIONS NEEDED
Chapter 5 - The MOST WANTED (MOST TERRIBLE) BUGS
Chapter 6 - The FRESHLY FOUND BUGS
Chapter 7 - The GOLDEN 1,000 GAME LIST
Chapter 8 - The GREAT DUEL
CHAPTER 1 : The GOOD:
(What's improved in DreamSNES 0.9.8. over DreamSNES 0.9.7.):
- C4 Capcom Chip support.Megaman X2 and Megaman X3 work now!,but there are still some bugs...
- The Hi-Res graphics sprite fix.
The following games are now fixed:
* Patlabor (J)
* Tokimeki Memorial (J)
* Picross NP Vol.1 (J)
* Picross NP Vol.2 (J)
* Picross NP Vol.3 (J)
* Picross NP Vol.4 (J)
* Picross NP Vol.5 (J)
* Picross NP Vol.6 (J)
* Picross NP Vol.7 (J)
* Picross NP Vol.8 (J)
and many other games that use the Hi-Res modes.
- The 3-second-hold-to-right analog stick menu.Very useful for non-keyboard DC users.
- The "Cartridge Reset" feature.
- Now I can REALLY see the effect of the CPU optimizations.The speed improvement in some games goes up to 30%! Wow!
But,the effect of this option doesn't change when you go to the menu and toggle it.You must enable/disable it first and then load a ROM,so the change will be applied.
WHY can't you turn it OFF/ON and see the effect WITHOUT loading another ROM and then loading again the same ROM? It would be great if you could do this on the fly.
- The "Exit To Main Menu" option.
Another VERY important feature.It saves your DC's PSU from too much stress.Now if you wish to change to another DC game,you don't have to TURN your DC OFF and ON! Every commercial game has this feature,whether it's by opening the DC's GD-ROM cover or by an "Exit Game" option.
Now DreamSNES has it too.
- It's now even faster than 0.9.6. was before! 0.9.6. was the fastest by far(Note: I don't like to turn OFF the transparencies to gain speed,so 0.9.6. was faster than 0.9.7. WITH transparencies ON,now 0.9.8. is even faster(or smoother) in some games!
- Games working now (without freezing???-not tested extensively yet):
* Kirby Super Star [SA-1] (U)
* Kirby's Dreamland 3 [SA-1] (U)
* Megaman X2 [C4] (U)
* Megaman X3 [C4] (U)
* Power Rangers Zeo Battle Racers [SA-1] (U)
* SD F1 Grand Prix [SA-1] (J)
* Cacoma Knight [???] (U)
* Dragon Ball Z Hyper Dimension [SA-1] (J)
* Dai Senryaku Expert WWII [SA-1] (J)
* SD Gundam G Next [SA-1] (J)
* Itoi Shigesato No Bass Tsuri No.1 [SA-1] (J)
Coming up in the next post:
*** Part 2:The BAD ***
See ya cowboys and cowgirls