Save file portability question.

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Save file portability question.

Post by GyroVorbis »

Does DSNES or any other SNES emulator for DC have any sort of portable save file? I have a BBA, coder's cable, and all that crap. I can dump my save files from my VMU to the PC. Is there any way to load the save file from the DC with ZSNES on the PC or something?

I mean, I highly doubt that the save file is in some sort of newfangled format. Isn't it still just SRM?
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User
Has thanked: 0

Post by Calavera »

I always wondered if you could do that in the xbox SNES emulator, never really messed with the it though.
Christuserloeser
Been thanked: 0

Re: Save file portability question.

Post by Christuserloeser »

GyroVorbis wrote:Is there any way to load the save file from the DC with ZSNES on the PC or something?
Since DreamSNES is a port of SNES9x, it should be possible - with SNES9x.
Insane homebrew collector.
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Sweater Fish »

I would imagine that there's just a raw SRAM image embedded somewhere within the VMU save. Of course, it would have Dreamcast save info and the icon and whatnot at the beginning and that would need to be clipped off before you could use it.

If you compare a SNES9x save (or probably any emulator's save...aren't they all interchangeable?) to a DreamSNES save in a hex editor, I bet it would be pretty clear what needs to be cut out to turn the DreamSNES save into a plain SRAM save.

...word is bondage...