DCEmulation

dreamcast development • homebrew software • hardware hacking • indie games • emulators • and more!
Back to main site
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:17 pm 
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

I just tried buring using cdrecord out of bootdreams, and it didnt work. I browsed for the cd folder, set the burn speed to 4x and left the disc format at audio\data. I thought it would have worked.. but the dreamcast still doesnt read it. I know the dreamcast works for this kind of thing because I have a boot disk for dreamsnes from a long time ago that someone gave me, and that works fine (but there are unfortunately no games on it)... help?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:19 pm 
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

when it starts burning it says at the start in the black box "warning session data will not merge" or something like that... does that mean anything?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:30 pm 
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

The problem is that we have no idea where the problem is occurring.

It could be the burning, but it could also very well be the way you're attempting to create the image in the first place.

The standard, untouched, DiscJuggler settings are the ones needed to burn most DC homebrew properly. If you've changed them at any point, you should change them back.

Also, why don't you start a new thread detailing the steps you took in preparing the DreamSNES disc contents, ie - roms, roms.lst, plainfiles, plainfiles version, version of BootDreams being used.

Two personal notes:
1.) I'd use Alcohol 120, it's better for DC images.
2.) If you have a swap disc, just burn a separate roms disc with the correct layout, and it'll work.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:06 pm 
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Okay, thanks I'll keep trying. One quick thing, what is the correct layout for separate roms or is there a thread somewhere explaining that? I am not good with this sort of thing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:11 pm 
DC Developer
DC Developer

Try data\data. Older CD recorders don't support audio\data.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12