How to create a selfbooting DreamSNES disc with games

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by LyingWake »

Soma_Cruz wrote:When i try to create a image i receive the error: "1st_read.bin was not found. Please select the main binary."

But i'm not find this file in the Dreamsnes 0.9.8 Plain Files...

I can continue to the next screen (select main binary) and ignore the error but i'm not correct it will work. What i do??? Can i ignore the error and the emulation will work???
You gotta read the whole tutorial. You missed this:
LyingWake wrote:If you didn't get an error saying a certain file is missing*, it will tell you to select the main binary. You will need to select 1DSNES.SH4.
Soma_Cruz wrote:And when i'm trying to burn the image in Alcohol 120%, in the second page of the burning wizard have a drop-down menu to choose "Data Format" what i need to choose??? It is on Playstation format when i open the image, but i think if is in this format because this is the last format if i burned...
Leave the data format set to its default format (you don't need to mess with the data format, at all).
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

I am choosing the "cd" folder, in which I have placed both ip.bin and 1st_read.bin. When I create my image, I am choosing Nero TAO. For burning the disc, I am finalizing the disc and have been burning it at 8x speed.

Your walkthrough says I should be getting an option to choose 1dsnes.sh4 as my main binary, but I am not getting this option with BootDreams. I am only able to select if a file is missing from the directory, such as 1st_read.bin, but I know I must have it there as well.
Are you renaming 1DSNES.SH4 to 1ST_READ.BIN? If you are - that's you're problem right there. The IP.BIN that's with DreamSNES points to 1DSNES.SH4. The best idea would be to leave 1DSNES.SH4 as it is, and try burning it again.

That's probably why it's not asking you to select the main binary, either.

But now thinking I'm pretty sure I added 1DSNES.SH4 in the BDS image, so it should have caught that, that is, unless you don't have "Use BDS image" selected in the options, then BootDreams wouldn't know what BDS image to use.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

Why do you have a 1ST_READ.BIN in there? What are you trying to do?
Nadril
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Nadril »

crap.. I gotta get something else other than alchohol 120%, trial expired lol.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

jordanelias wrote:
LyingWake wrote:Why do you have a 1ST_READ.BIN in there? What are you trying to do?
BootDreams asks me for the 1ST_READ.BIN. If I do not have it in the directory, it asks me to select a 1ST_READ.BIN, which I cannot do as the program does not let me browse directories.
When it asks you to select a main binary, a box will pop up listing all the files in the root of the folder (where the root of the CD would be). That's where you choose 1DSNES.SH4.
Nadril
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Nadril »

Oh...my...god.

It worked. I cant thank you enough for this, I've been trying ever since I got a dreamcast, and now its working! w00t!
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

Sounds like you have it down to a T. Are you sure your Dreamcast supports CD-Rs? Check to see if it's a revision 2 model by looking at the bottom of the Dreamcast by the manufacture date. There's a circle with a number it. That number is what revision your Dreamcast is.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

You aren't using an old IP.BIN from somewhere else, are you?
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

A new version of BootDreams has been released, might be worth tying if anyone had problems before regarding runtime errors and unknown errors.
justininhifi
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

so

Post by justininhifi »

well i did all of that but where does it create the last file that i need to burn. i cant find it anywhere.

nevermind, i found it in the bootdreams folder. lol
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

Yep. I released another new version (quick fix) so the links had to be updated.