DreamSnes questions??

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
ImShaDy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DreamSnes questions??

Post by ImShaDy »

:twisted: Ok i have a couple questions for ya..I already burned the dreamsnes emulator and it bootsup fine. Im gonna make a rom disc probably today..I heard u have to include the sound folder with the .mp2 file in it and if so does it have to be the same sound file(bueatyis.mp2) or can it be something else? Second question is does the cd have to be multi session and using the offset or no? Im thinking it probably has to be multi session which dont bother me but the offset crap does..Other thing is i have a rom cd(just roms)theres a lot of games i really dont want but it booted up today and there is no sound file and its just one session...Why does that work? Then i tried a rom disc i burned awhile back(just roms) and that doesnt want to boot up at all...I dont get it...By any help would be great...thanks
Tails Prower
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Tails Prower »

Yes you need a sound folder with the Beautyis.mp2 file, if you have a converter, you can make something else, just make sure its name Beautyis. And i beleieve the disk doesnt need to be multisession.
404NotFound wrote: hey mrinsulto or whatever your name is, for the last time
A DREAMCAST IS NOT A PLAYSTATION2!!!
leboaoug
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by leboaoug »

My disc worked without the sound folder.
Everything has a fifty percent chance of happening. Either it does or it doesn't. Don't argue with it, just accept it.
Roly
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Roly »

I think that mp2 file is just for the music in the main menu because I have a rom cd with no mp2 file and I can play the games fine with sound and everything but there's no music in the menu. I think I'll put that sound folder with the mp2 file in it. But will that make my games run slower?
ImShaDy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by ImShaDy »

I have one rom cd with no sound file at all and it loads up fine but it was from a a cdi image i downloaded so i checked it out and it had no sound file or folder at all...Just roms...Why does that work ..I have one cd i made recently with no sound folder and it was just roms and it doesnt load up at all after i swap out the emulator...So today i made a rom cd with the sound folder with the sound file in the folder..Made it a multi session disk and it works great...And Roly that will not make the games run slower at all...Your not hearing any sound from the .mp2 file unless ur in the main menu and it wont be playing the music file when ur playing a rom...From every tutorial i read all the mp2 file does is it is one of sega's little security's for the disc..but why some cds like the rom cds have it or not makes me wonder why is the dreamcast missing that or why is it getting around it? later
ImShaDy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by ImShaDy »

oh ya and for the person that said his dont have a sound folder..Then is it a multi session disk? Did u use a boot method on the disc? Need more info...I have one rom cd that i mentioned below that is not a multi session disc with no sound file or folder and its just roms...This was a cdi file and have no idea of who created it...But most of the roms suck...I made a multi session disc with nero today and added the sound folder and a couple hundred roms and it works great...later